Sydney, Nova Scotia

kmezz

I saw somewhere a fiddle performance and I believe it was in Sydney. Has anyone done this or at least seen something about it because I can't find it again. Thanks!

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO kmezz: Have seen fiddle performances at Halifax, Sydney, and Quebec City. Seems to be a popular instrument in Canada.

Cape Breton is a hotbed for Celtic music and fiddle playing. Some day come for Celtic Colours which brings in tourists from all over on their own and in busses. It just finished up yesterday for this year: http://www.celtic-colours.com/

The Spirit of the Fiddle show is offered exclusively to cruise ship visitors (booked through the ship.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am trying to book the spirit of the fiddle with celebrity for September but it is not listed. Anyone know why? I was really looking forward to it!

It is listed, here it is and the link:

spirit0f2.jpg

Which September cruise are you on, and have you joined your roll call?

SBtS

Edited by SailBadtheSinner
speling

• 3 weeks later...

You may want to call the cruiseline and see if it is offered during the time you will be in port. That happened to me once. On a different itinerary but I couldn't see it for my dates and that was the reason why.

We are booked for 2017 and I am anxious for this trip. Enjoy!!!

erdffoeing not bisat it I contacted Celebrity and spirit of the fiddle is not being offered for my September 18 cruise. Does anyone know of a place to see and hear fiddle music in Sydney during he daytime? We are disappointed Celebrity is not offering it.