Walking from ship?

flcruiser3

There are a lot of stores inside the cruise ship terminal. Some restaurants. So you could do that.

From there it would not be practical to walk a long distance with the wheelchair as there is a very large parking lot until you get to the outside street along the water and the town itself is about 30 minutes away by walking and there are some places along the way but not a lot and getting up and down curbs and crossing streets might be difficult.

So you might want to stick with the port which as I said has a lot of shops and some places to eat.

Keith

• 4 months later...

Yes for those who like myself and my wife enjoy walking it is a nice walk.

You can walk on the side with the water on the right or you can walk on the left side on the opposite side of the street. We enjoy walking on the side with the water nearby.

Keith

It is a nice walk. Check google maps, it's about a mile from the cruise terminal to the beginning of Bridgetown -- there's a nice marina with lots to see. I believe it's mostly wheelchair accessible.

If you need to, you could walk there and take a taxi back - lots of taxi vans are available.

Thanks for your replies; I actually just got back from my cruise and fortunately one of the crew members told us about the nice sidewalk along the water. Very easy and pleasant walk!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad you walked by the water.

It is very nice.

Happy New Year.

Keith