Dinner Recommendations

sparkey24

We are going to be here on Christmas Eve, and want to plan a dinner (since we are in port 1-10pm)

Any recommendations for restaurants within walking distance from the pier and also that is nice, but not overly expensive??

Thank you for any help!!!

Unfortunately for Christmas Eve you will pay a high price at any decent restaurant.

Close to the cruise port is Bistro Le Clochard and as all other good restaurants, they require reservations way in advance around the holidays.

You can google their information as I'm not allowed to give out their contact info on these boards.

We will have a full day on our cruise in February and I'm wondering if you can recommend a good restaurant for my hubbie and I. We love fresh seafood or a good steak, or both:D Any dinner recommendations for us?

Thanks Isa!!

Right where the ship docks (Riffort Village) you can find the Cru Restaurant for awesome steaks.

For seafood you can cross the pontoon bridge, take an immediate right, follow the road past the Plaza hotel to the Waterfort Arches. There you will find Scampi's.

Right where the ship docks (Riffort Village) you can find the Cru Restaurant for awesome steaks.

For seafood you can cross the pontoon bridge, take an immediate right, follow the road past the Plaza hotel to the Waterfort Arches. There you will find Scampi's.

Thanks Isa, great info as always!

We had dinner a few times at Bistro le Clochard and enjoyed it. Both times, it was a beautiful evening and we dined on the patio with view across to the gabled, pastel colored buildings one see in travel posters for Curacao. We ordered rather freely and had a beautiful bottle of wine so our check was on the higher side but we enjoyed it so much we felt well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
We had dinner a few times at Bistro le Clochard and enjoyed it. Both times, it was a beautiful evening and we dined on the patio with view across to the gabled, pastel colored buildings one see in travel posters for Curacao. We ordered rather freely and had a beautiful bottle of wine so our check was on the higher side but we enjoyed it so much we felt well worth it.

Could you give me a sense of how long a walk it is from the ship to the Bistro le Clochard? We are cruising with a friends, one of whom has lung disease and can't walk great distances. Also, since we'd want to be finished with more than enough time for her to meander back to the ship (she moves slowly), can you recall if it is slow service? We are in port 12-8 and would like to have dinner there. So for example, if we booked a table for 5pm, would we be likely to be on our way by 7pm? And would that give enough time? Thank you for your input.

• 3 weeks later...

We were docked at Rif Fort and the walk was about 6 minutes.

If you are at the dock near the swinging bridge, the walk is about 15 minutes.

We made a reservation during the day though it probably wasn't necessary. You can check their website to see what time they are open for dinner.

http://www.bistroleclochard.com

I'm sure if you tell your server what time you want to be finished with dinner, they will have you ready to leave on time. We had excellent service there and totally enjoyed our evening. Our sail away was about 11 p.m. so we got to see across the harbor with the spot lights on the gorgeous pastel colors. :)

Edited by sail7seas

• 3 weeks later...

Can you tell me anything about El Gaucho? I know there is one on Aruba and one on Curacao. Is the one on Curacao within walking distance of where we dock? We will be there in Feb aboard the Carnival Sunshine and want a nice piece of steak from Argentina. Thanks for your help.

Can you tell me anything about El Gaucho? I know there is one on Aruba and one on Curacao. Is the one on Curacao within walking distance of where we dock? We will be there in Feb aboard the Carnival Sunshine and want a nice piece of steak from Argentina. Thanks for your help.

El Gaucho on Curacao is about 15 - 20 minutes by cab from the port. (Eastern side of the island in the neighborhood called Rooi Santu).

I would just visit Cru at the cruise port or Bistro Le Clochard in the Riffort Village. El Gaucho on Curacao, while good, is not worth a very expensive cab drive;)

El Gaucho on Curacao is about 15 - 20 minutes by cab from the port. (Eastern side of the island in the neighborhood called Rooi Santu).

I would just visit Cru at the cruise port or Bistro Le Clochard in the Riffort Village. El Gaucho on Curacao, while good, is not worth a very expensive cab drive;)

Thanks for the info. I looked up both of these restaurants but neither seem to be an Argentina steakhouse which is really what we wanted.

What do you estimate will be an approximate cost of the cab ride?