Underwater scooters and asthma

Mrs.Gosse

We were just in Cozumel in March and I did Playa Mia and loved it and Th did fishing. This time it is just the two of us and we want to do something together. He doesn't really want to fish again and he doesn't love the beach. I think the underwater scooters seem absolutely amazing but my husband has asthma and he is a rather large man and is concerned in general about the whole idea. I know no one can say exactly how he might feel with the helmet on but I was wondering if anyone else that suffers from asthma regularly could give some advice.

I don't have asthma, but I did do the scooters. I've also done some diving, and in my opinion it's much easier to breath in the scooters. The helmet has plenty of room and fresh air pumped in, so didn't feel like you were underwater. You only go about 15' deep, so that helps as well, as the pressure is not too great. My sister DID have an issue with seasickness....which she is VERY prone too....even get's seasick while diving....and they took her right up when she signaled she didn't feel well.

Not sure where you are looking to go, but when we went, there were only the 3 of us in our group. We had a photographer (diving) and two other divers with us the whole time. One guiding and one just following, making sure we were all OK.

We loved it!

I have never done the underwater scooter but I have done the helmet dive and I had no problem at all. All I can say is see how you feel that day. If he feels short of breath do not do it. Before going give your self a hit of the pump that what I do. But I am not a Dr.