Liberty of the Seas - November 1, 2015 - Skycrapers & Rodeos!

KMVigs

Not certain if I'm going but as of now a good possibility I'll go solo or a friend may tag along.

Rates dropped and I am in Puerto Rico right now, live in NYC taking a cruise ship is the nicest way to move. Been in PR on & off the last 5 years will be moving down here by New Years.

Been on 3 reposting cruises have managed to bring a good portion of luggage at a much cheaper rate then mailing it or having a moving Company do it. So as of now that's the plan, just not 100% sure, have another option that returns me to NY, Not Texas that would work but more money at a later date and this would work too. :)

My name is Mike. I'll get back to this board when I decied.

Hey Mike, I'm Kevin!

Traveling solo this time because no one can take off that long at this time of year. Price was just too good to let it go! Let me know if you and/or your friend come along! It'd be nice to have a friend onboard! ;)

You're right Kevin and Mike, the price is too good to pass up, especially as a single. I work for an airline so the airfare to get to NYC and back from TX to Ohio makes it a lot more affordable. Hope to see you guys aboard.

Tim

You're right Kevin and Mike, the price is too good to pass up, especially as a single. I work for an airline so the airfare to get to NYC and back from TX to Ohio makes it a lot more affordable. Hope to see you guys aboard.

Tim

The airfare for me (to Philly) was only $78! Direct flight! I'm so excited for this trip! I hope to see you onboard as well, Tim! Are you traveling solo?

I'm on this cruise, also going solo. Sort of a last minute booking. I watched the itinerary for a while and when the prices dropped I jumped on it. Still haven't worked out the details on getting to NJ and then home from Houston but I'm not too worried.

I did Quantum out of the same port earlier this year in Feb and it was cold as heck leaving the port. It should be a little better this time.

We'll run into each otther one way or another the first couple of days. My gayday is not great, but bells go of when a beaded solo guy orders a Cosmo.

Regarding the FOD type meets. From what I recall, there was a note posted on the blackboard in the library for a FOD / LGBT gathering at a specific bar and time (Vintages, 5 or 6?). I don't recall seeing any mention in the cruise planner. After the first meeting several guys showed up, and we recruited more throughout the trip.

The meetings can be hit or miss, depends on the crowd, but is a chance to meet the guys who are not on cruise critic.

I'm hoping to find gay or gay friendly table mates for dinner for a few nights in the MDR and the specialty Italian restaurant (cuz, well, I'm Italian). I am signed up for MyTimeDining now, which I can change. I'm not a creeper. lol It is a 12 day cruise so I do want to enjoy some of the variety thew will serve in the MDR, but I feel like a schlep going alone. So if anyone is interested let me know.

Just booked this cruise ... couldn't resist the price!

One of us from Palm Springs CA; the other Ft Worth TX. Frequent cruisers; mostly RCCL or Celebrity.

Hope to meet up; just finished a trans-Atlantic repositioning where RCCL set up GBLT "meet for lunch" on early sea day. Maybe this cruise, too??

Thought I'd tell a little more about myself.. I'm Kevin, I'm 26, from Wilmington, Delaware. I'm traveling alone this time, and I really love cruises. This will be the longest cruise I've ever done.. Which I'm very much looking forward to! This is my 3rd time on Royal Caribbean. I've only sailed on the Voyager-class ship (Mariner and Explorer), so I'm interested in seeing the differences between the Freedom & Voyager classes. I've never been to Curaçao or Grand Cayman. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do there? Anyone going nude at Orient Beach in St. Maarten?? I was thinkin about it since I won't be with any friends or family this time around lol

We are Tony(48) and Gregg(44) and live in the suburbs of Nashville. We've been sailing for the last 10 years and really enjoy the longer cruises. They really give you time to unwind with multiple sea days. This will also be our first time on a Freedom class ship. Have sailed all the other classes that came before. We are pretty laid back and low key so won't be going to the far side of Orient beach. :p

We have never been to any of these ports so looking forward to the new experience. We are ziplining in St. Thomas and swimming with the Rays in Grand Cayman. With San Juan being such a late arrival we will probably just walk around exploring the old town area. Gregg wants to go to Maho beach in St. Maarten to watch the planes. We have no set plans for Curacao yet.

I can't wait! Isn't it Nov. 1 yet???? Tony

I'm 46, pretty low key and enjoy a having a few drinks on vacation. I tend to be more of a late night person. Hopefully the ship doesn't go to sleep at midnight. In the past the only people awake have been me and the cleaning people.

I'm looking forward to some of the ports I haven't been to, like St Maarten and Curacao. I guess there's some cool bridge in Curacao, and I plan on going to see the planes land over your head where ever that is. I'm easily entertained.

Pretty much just going with the flow of things once on board.

Only nude beach I've been to was in Mexico years ago---it was fun since I didn't know anybody (sort of stumbled across it :) !). Always heard that the one thing you need to take to a nude beach is.....a strong stomach!! Found that to be true, but didn't really care ;) ! I'm doing anytime dining because as a solo pax I don't want to be stuck at a certain table at a set time, but I'm open to dining with like-minded people.

Cheers,

T

The more I'm thinking about it, the less likely it seems I'll actually do it, haha.. There are a few ships docking with us in St. Maarten. Since I've been there a few times already, I might just stay back and enjoy the mostly empty ship!

Edited by KMVigs

I try to swim a mile a day while onboard the ship (it is the only way I can face dinner!), sometimes a challenge to avoid the kids and "flesh bergs" that seem to go out of their way to get in my way... I find port days are a good way to catch up by staying aboard. I've been to all the ports a number of times.

I try to swim a mile a day while onboard the ship (it is the only way I can face dinner!), sometimes a challenge to avoid the kids and "flesh bergs" that seem to go out of their way to get in my way... I find port days are a good way to catch up by staying aboard. I've been to all the ports a number of times.

You're a better man than me. You won't catch me swimming laps lol, and that sure isn't gonna stop me from eating! ;) I'm thinking of only getting off in Curaçao and Grand Cayman since I've never been to those places. But who knows, it's vacation. I'll play it by ear. Unfortunately, they're gonna kick me off in Galveston! :p

Also, I think our cruise is finally sold out. But with the number of solo travelers and it being the off season, I doubt the ship will be very crowded. Especially with kids!

Edited by KMVigs

We are flying to Newark in 10 days. I really need to think about getting the luggage out. Super excited about going to NY for a couple of days. We have plenty of things we want to do this time around.

We'll start out with a comedy club on Thurs. night. Plans for MOMA,Hayden Planetarium,Brooklyn Bridge,One World Observatory,and whatever else we can fit in. We may have to substitute The Rock for One World pending weather and availability. No matter,it will be a fun 2 1/2 days.

Looking forward to meeting you guys on board. Will look for a FOD meeting and will be at the RC M&M.