Grand Park royal hotel?

debr

There are some old posts about the Grand Royal Hotel offering AI for $40 and wondering if anyone has been there recently. If so, is it still $40 and is it within walking distance of Puerto maya pier?

Think you for any info.

Debr

There are some old posts about the Grand Royal Hotel offering AI for $40 and wondering if anyone has been there recently. If so, is it still $40 and is it within walking distance of Puerto maya pier?

Think you for any info.

Debr

If you are talking about Park Royal it was $40 last October. Walking distance depends on your mobility. It is probably about 10/15 minutes. We walked from International with a stroller without any problem.

If you are talking about Park Royal it was $40 last October. Walking distance depends on your mobility. It is probably about 10/15 minutes. We walked from International with a stroller without any problem.

Thank you for responding..I did see your comments when I did a search. The hotel is now the Grand Park Royal Cozumel, so I'm not sure they are offering AI's now. I've emailed them twice, but no response. We have no mobility issues but we are at the Puerto Maya dock not the International dock, so it might be a hike .. Do you know the distance between the two docks?

Thank you

Debr

Thank you for responding..I did see your comments when I did a search. The hotel is now the Grand Park Royal Cozumel, so I'm not sure they are offering AI's now. I've emailed them twice, but no response. We have no mobility issues but we are at the Puerto Maya dock not the International dock, so it might be a hike .. Do you know the distance between the two docks?

Thank you

Debr

Wow I guess they have had an upgrade! To be honest I am not sure what it was called when we went but looking at the current website I am almost sure I saw that sign outside when we passed in December, it just didn't register! Looking at the current website I see we didn't explore very far I never found the coffee and sandwich bar - will definitely return sometime when we want an easy, relaxing day and will explore further!

Not sure what address you are using for communications but my latest address is:

<reservationsczm2@park-royalhotels.com>

I have had a problem previously when I didn't get any replies but that worked late last summer.

Google maps estimates it is about 0.5mile from Puerta Maya to Park Royal. I know in an old thread I suggested someone could walk it and they decided to take a taxi and thought it would have been a long walk.

Wow I guess they have had an upgrade! To be honest I am not sure what it was called when we went but looking at the current website I am almost sure I saw that sign outside when we passed in December, it just didn't register! Looking at the current website I see we didn't explore very far I never found the coffee and sandwich bar - will definitely return sometime when we want an easy, relaxing day and will explore further!

Not sure what address you are using for communications but my latest address is:

I have had a problem previously when I didn't get any replies but that worked late last summer.

Google maps estimates it is about 0.5mile from Puerta Maya to Park Royal. I know in an old thread I suggested someone could walk it and they decided to take a taxi and thought it would have been a long walk.

Actually, I used the email address on their website. It's different from the one you used .. I'll give that one a try.

Half a mile isn't much, but my travel buddy has a foot problem, plus carrying snorkel gear, etc., so we will probably get a taxi.

We actual have a snorkel tour reserved for the day (Cozumel Cruise Excursions), but communication with the company has been non-existent, so the AI would (hopefully) be the backup for the day if they are a no-show.

Thanks for your info, it was very helpful.

Debr

I used the email you gave me and they responded immediately..thank you so much. They now charge $50 for use from 11-6. We depart at 4 pm, so need to be heading back by 3 pm .. Have to think about that.

Thanks again.

Debr

I used the email you gave me and they responded immediately..thank you so much. They now charge $50 for use from 11-6. We depart at 4 pm, so need to be heading back by 3 pm .. Have to think about that.

Thanks again.

Debr

Glad the email worked for you.

Sorry about the increase but I know they have had that price for a long time so probably due for an increase with the new year, or new status!

Port times have always been the issue for us too previously. Time of year, and where you are sailing from may help you? Cozumel is now on EST year round. As I said before we were able to buy the pass earlier and use the facilities just couldn't eat or drink until 11am.

When we have only wanted 2-3 hours we have sometimes done the "cheaper" of the two passes offered by El Cid, although now I have actually been to Park Royal I do prefer the facilities there. Good luck with your decision.

Edited by c-leg5

Actually, I used the email address on their website. It's different from the one you used .. I'll give that one a try.

Half a mile isn't much, but my travel buddy has a foot problem, plus carrying snorkel gear, etc., so we will probably get a taxi.

We actual have a snorkel tour reserved for the day (Cozumel Cruise Excursions), but communication with the company has been non-existent, so the AI would (hopefully) be the backup for the day if they are a no-show.

Thanks for your info, it was very helpful.

Debr

Yes I think I have read problems with that company before. I think they have usually shown up on the day but communications not good.

I think that will be a good back up plan. You purchase in the lobby on the day so no prior commitment necessary.

Yes I think I have read problems with that company before. I think they have usually shown up on the day but communications not good.

I think that will be a good back up plan. You purchase in the lobby on the day so no prior commitment necessary.

Yes, we are hoping the company is at the meeting site for our snorkel trip (Martis Sporting Goods). If not, it looks to be close to the Grand Park Royal, so we will wander over there for the day. Thanks for the tip about showing up early.

Debr

• 4 months later...

We walked past in February and there was a booth outside with a man selling day passes there for $20. We kept walking and he offered it to us for $10. Said it was all inclusive. He had all their brochures out and printed day passes so it seemed legit but we had other plans.

We walked past in February and there was a booth outside with a man selling day passes there for $20. We kept walking and he offered it to us for $10. Said it was all inclusive. He had all their brochures out and printed day passes so it seemed legit but we had other plans.

Yes the booth is usually there - I believe it probably involves a timeshare presentation.

Edited by c-leg5

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all for the great info about Grand Park Royal in Cozumel.

We will be in Cozumel September 23rd off the NCL Getaway and want to do a day-pass at an AI somewhat close to the piers.

A few questions:

Do we have to book with Grand Park Royal in advance and pay in-full up-front for day passes? Or do they charge a small deposit up-front and we pay the balance when we get there? Or can we simply walk-in with no reservation?

Does this hotel have a sandy beach with water you can wade into? It looked as though the hotel complex was across the road from the beach. Is the beach area I see in front of the hotel (in photos and on googlemaps) for use of hotel guests?

Have been to Cozumel many times but not on NCL. Can anyone tell me what pier NCL usually docks at?

Thanks!

Edited by alreadypacked