Celebrity Horizon

The ship is now ISLAND STAR with Island Cruises, a joint-venture between Royal Caribbean and the British tour operator First Choice.

She's based in the Mediterranean for the British market in the summer and in Brazil for the Brazilian market in the winter (well, actually, it's summer in Brazil in the southern hemisphere, but it's winter here up north).

Next spring, ZENITH will move to Royal Caribbean's Spanish subsidiary, Pullmantur Cruises.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was our second cruise and the that "hooked" us on cruisng. We will never forget Millie from Chilie, our head waitress in the dining room. My kids still speak about her and have her photo still on their dresser. Would an one know where I could obtain a model of the ship as the horizon for my collection?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
It was our second cruise and the that "hooked" us on cruisng. We will never forget Millie from Chilie, our head waitress in the dining room. My kids still speak about her and have her photo still on their dresser. Would an one know where I could obtain a model of the ship as the horizon for my collection?

Loved our southern Caribbean cruise on the Horizon in ' 95...many fond memories. You may want to check (and re-check) on ebay for a ship model. Or try CruiseCritic's 'Cruise Memorabilia' message board. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Horizon was my first cruise from New York (to Bermuda) back in 1993. I remember the sense of awe I felt sailing under the Verrazano Bridge, which I had watched being built as a kid. I sailed on the Zenith (same itinerary) just few years later. From what I recall, the ships were exactly alike, not only in layout, but also in decor. Talk about a sense of deja vu. LOL.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My first cruise was also on the Horizon to Bermuda. What a great time we had!! I still say I wish I could go to New York and get on the Horizon/Zenith:D :D I have to say it was a great time. I am still cruising, but I sure do miss those ships! Thanks for starting this, I just told someone I didn't know where those ships had gotten to.:)

Does anyone have any onboard pics of this ship? I cruised on it fron Philly to Bermuda in Sep of 05 right before it was sold, but we didnt really get any good pics of the ship itself. Would be great if anyone that had any pics of the interior of the ship can post them...

Does anyone have any onboard pics of this ship? I cruised on it fron Philly to Bermuda in Sep of 05 right before it was sold, but we didnt really get any good pics of the ship itself. Would be great if anyone that had any pics of the interior of the ship can post them...

I'll see what I can do. I was camera crazy on that cruise. I even have pics of the medical facilities.

• 3 weeks later...
Did you ever find photos of the ship?

I do have the photo album. However, once the pics were printed the files were, apparently, deleted from the computer without backing them up to disc. So I do not have an electronic format to upload to this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the Horizon from Philly to Bermuda in 1998 and it was great, I have been on the Zenith 3 times, they were pretty much identical, they were sister ships. I think the only real difference is that the Horion did not have any hot tubs/whirlpools on deck. When DH and I were flying out of Philly on our Honeymoon (at the ungodly hour of 5:30 am) we flew over her on her way up the Delaware, it was so cool to see, I wish I had gotten a pic.