Anthony's Caye, Diving

Hotdog 52

Has anyone taken the diving excursion at Anthony's Key? Looks pretty good.:)

Roatan diving is world class, Anthony's Key Resort is one of the original AI's on the island, their guests live and breath diving.

I would think from a ship you might want something a bit more personalized, Coconut Tree is in West End and they have a very good reputation, Bananarama is in West Bay.

Though, my guess is no matter who you go with you will have a grand time of it.

I've not done a cruise dive with AKR, but have stayed there a couple of times (including a few weeks ago). It's a first class operation; if you dive with them you'll be taken care of nicely, the dive sites will be good, the boats nice, the gear in good shape if you're using rental gear. When we were there a few weeks ago, the cruise guests seemed to enjoy their dives & their time there.

Only concern I might have is that the excursion seemed pretty popular, there were quite a few people on the boat (not at all to the point of being dangerous, just to the point where there were quite a few people all hitting the water at the same time). I prefer smaller groups, where I don't have to worry about getting kicked by someone who isn't paying attention & I have a little freedom to go my own pace).

If you go with AKR, I'm certain you'd enjoy it & have a nice day. But I'm also confident you could go to one of the many dive shops in West End and have an equally great day, along with maybe seeing a bit more of the island.