Mahogany Bay Cabana

scott4020

• 4 months later...
We have reserved a Cabana at Mahogany Bay. The excursion says it's good for four people but we have six. Has anyone had experience getting two more people in that area?

I would like an answer to this question as we have the same situation.

We have reserved a Cabana at Mahogany Bay. The excursion says it's good for four people but we have six. Has anyone had experience getting two more people in that area?

We were there a few years ago on Carnival and are going again on Holland America in February.

According to HAL website:

"Cabana rental is sold by the bungalow. Each bungalow can accommodate up to four guests. Once on board the ship, up to two additional guests can be added to the party through the Shore Excursions Department for an additional surcharge per person."

I seem to recall the additional surcharge is relatively nominal - I believe $20 per person. Considering the "flying Chair" ticket is $12 - and each cabana guest gets a flying chair ticket - you really don't pay that much extra.

It is hard to say how strictly it is enforced. I know when we were last there, there was a fence defining the cabana area and guard posted on the beach who checked people walking in. One of the things you pay for is a certain amount of peace and quiet so I do appreciate the enforcement.

Hi. I have a review of our cabana experience in my signature ( under the Roatan link). But to answer your original question, yes, you can pay extra for a 5th and 6th guest. You can do this at the excursion desk on the ship or when you get off the ship at the ticket office.I believe we paid about $45 extra for the extra guest including the chair lift ticket too. HTH.