Charter flight seats

HomelessBear

Booked our flight seats last night as soon as they were released (Ventura 20th Dec). I noticed that rows 11 and 12 in economy were "blocked" and couldn't be booked.

We did ours just after midnight, and some folks had already booked theirs, so they were even quicker than us! We got what we wanted anyway, so pleased about that.

I'm just nosy, and so wondered if anyone knows why these are blocked out and can't be booked?

Booked our flight seats last night as soon as they were released (Ventura 20th Dec). I noticed that rows 11 and 12 in economy were "blocked" and couldn't be booked.

We did ours just after midnight, and some folks had already booked theirs, so they were even quicker than us! We got what we wanted anyway, so pleased about that.

I'm just nosy, and so wondered if anyone knows why these are blocked out and can't be booked?

They could be Pennisular club members the top tiers have the privilege of early

Seat booking by a day or two

Are they the exit rows?

No they're the rows behind the first exit row.

I wondered if they were for any disabled passengers so that they don't have to walk too far down the plane? I've noticed that one some of the smaller airlines (easyjet / BMI Baby), they often left seats in rows near the front for the less mobile.

Thanks for your replies.

As we are on a B2B cruise we booked and reserved our return seats on the first day that the first of the B2B cruise flight are released and therefore we have already picked and booked our return flight seats before the second part of the B2B is released, which means that some guests returning on the same flight may not be able to reserve the same seats on their return flight because these seats have been booked several weeks prior by other guest who have been on a B2B and who had already booked these seats. That could be one of the reason for why seats are "blocked". Also they do actually block seats so as that guests who have not pre booked seats also get the opportunity to sit together but it is a chance you take isn't it.

Booked ours last night. The CP was very slow, I imagine everyone on our flight from gatwick was logging on doing the same . We got the seats we wanted, also pleased with the plane confirgeration, 2-4-2. The aircraft should have the new back seat entertainment system.

Bells

The flight I'm on was the same with 11 & 12 blocked out at 12:01. I did read somewhere that these rows have extra legroom on the Dreamliner so they may save them hoping passengers will pay extra.

Robin

These rows are for the passengers who require assistance. We have a friend travelling with us who has been told that she will be seated in one of the 2 rows mentioned and she is disabled.

Thank you for the info Hooked Cruiser.

I hope that you are all seated together in these rows, as it wouldn't be good to separate you.

Hope you and your friend are looking forward to the cruise as much as I am. Happy cruising:)

These rows are for the passengers who require assistance. We have a friend travelling with us who has been told that she will be seated in one of the 2 rows mentioned and she is disabled.

So they are regular rows? But blocked off for people with disabilities?

My wife tells me that she was once given one of these for a flight shortly after a back operation. So I think the health concern situation is most likely what row 11 is for with row 12 being for people flying with those with health concerns.

I would like to think that airlines are caring enough to block off seats for people who may have a medical or disability requirement, but they are not.

Its all down to revenue and I would guess as Captain Rob has said above that these are extra legroom seats and available for a premium.

In the old days of flying if you were tall you could ask a check in to be sat by the exit for no fee, if you needed portable oxygen in flight it was provided free if you had a Dr.s letter - now its chargeable.

Every inch in that passenger cabin is now revenue as far as the airlines are concerned.

An exception is if you are travelling with an infant, on a first come first serve basis you will be given the bulkhead seats to put the cot up, which by default have extra legroom.

Of course all of the above could be wrong as its a private charter of an aircraft so the rules likely change to suit the hire.

They are not greyed out because they are leg room seats. In fact, not all of them are. Row 12 are standard seats. You can book leg room seats the same as any other seats, they just charge you extra. The greyed out block is not able to be selected at all.

Ok. On the 787, rows 11 and 12 have extra leg room but are also designated medical seats, there is probably extra oxygen in the vicinity and more than likely the armrest on the aisle seat will lift to allow a wheelchair user to shuffle directly onto the seat from the onboard wheelchair.

I am on Venture 20th Dec and travelling from Gatwick on 19th Dec. Checked with cruise personaliser and will not be able to book seats until 5 weeks before i.e. around 14 Nov, how come your seats are available to book. Anyone else travelling on Ventura on 20 Dec have their flight details confirmed ?

I will be travelling to Barbados from Gatwick on 19th Dec and noticed that some passengers have been able to book their seats. I checked the cruise personaliser today and my flight will not be available for booking seats until 5 weeks before. How come some passengers have been able to book their seats ? I am a bit confused.

Sometimes these seats are blocked out for crew. On one occasion, I wanted to book the two window/aisle seats for a flight to Florida. Just couldn't as they were blocked out. Instead I selected the middle seats across the aisle from original preferred seats. When we boarded the flight, the two original seats were empty; we took off, the seats remained empty. I was puzzled. But all became clear when approx 20 minutes into the flight, one of the pilots came out, snuggled down and went to sleep!

I am on Venture 20th Dec and travelling from Gatwick on 19th Dec. Checked with cruise personaliser and will not be able to book seats until 5 weeks before i.e. around 14 Nov, how come your seats are available to book. Anyone else travelling on Ventura on 20 Dec have their flight details confirmed ?

Possibly because the airline cannot confirm the aircraft type or the seat configuration. Thos Cook are in the throes of re configuring the seating of all their long haul Airbus to a 2 4 2 in economy with 2-3-2 in premium

Cb