Birthday on cruise - Camp Carnival question

ej'smom

My DD will be turning 6 on the second to last day of our cruise. I would like for her to be with the 6-9 year olds. I have seen some of teh activities for the 2-5 age group and I think she would enjoy the 6-9 stuff more and would actually be quite bored with the really little kids.

There is also a small chance that her BFF would be on the cruise and she turned 6 earlier this month.

Given that DD will be less than a week from aging up when we sail, is there a chance camp carnival staff would just let her be with these older kids from the beginning? If so, do I request this when we get on board or should I contact the PVP first?

Sorry this is my first cruise with me kids.

By what I have been told, no, she would have to stay with the 5 year olds, until she turns 6...

My younger daughter will almost be 8 years old when we cruise (the last day, is 2 days from her birthday).. They go by age range tightly (you can ask, but I would not gear her up to be allowed in)...

**PS. Just a "celebration for thought," we are celebrating her birthday on the trip also. Instead of having her birthday done the first elegant night, we are actually going to do it the last night before disembarking. Many people celebrate anniversaries and birthdays on the first night out and it seems that the kids get really the wash out.. I figured that this would be best because some of the wilder crew may be nursing hangovers from the last port day.. Just something to think about!!

Sometimes kids can move groups.

Ask the counselors onboard. It will depend on the counselors and the number of kids onboard.

Do not know if there is an insurance issue moving between the two younger groups.

My DD will be turning 6 on the second to last day of our cruise. I would like for her to be with the 6-9 year olds.

Personally, I wouldn't want my 5 year old with the 9 year olds. When my twins were 7 on Carnival, they hated being among the youngest and felt run over by all the older kids where it was much more chaotic. One of my girls is delayed, so they let her age down, but the other is extremely mature (like everyone else's kids here :)), but she spent the least amount of time in a kids club ever on that cruise. In any case, the best thing is usually to put them in the group they belong in, and THEN if there's an issue, ask about changing, rather than guessing there will be a problem ahead of time. She won't be the only mature 5 year old there.

Usually, they won't let kids move up, even if the birthday is very close (lots of parents think their kids belong in older groups, but the older kids don't want "babies" in their group), but this may be different because her birthday is during the cruise. They may let her friend age down though if it's important for them to be together.

The PVP won't be able to arrange it - it's at the kids staff's discretion.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia