Book a trip to Bermuda!

euphscott

I just returned from my first Bermuda cruise - 3 days there on the NCL Breakaway.

The Atlantic Ocean beaches are nice - Horseshoe begins a string of 13 miles of connected beaches that are totally walkable, each one as nice as the next. I heard reports that there were 8 or 10 people stung by a man o' war jelly fish after I left the beach, but that can happen anywhere.

I just disagree with the OP who claims Bermuda is Caribbean - it way too proper and British and civilised for me to consider it Carib. It is special in its own way.

The man-o-wars are somewhat seasonal and I have not seen any in the last couple weeks (I live in Bermuda). A change in wind direction can change that. When they are abundant, it is obvious because they wash up on the sand. If you don't see any on the sand, you are safe. If you do see some, just be careful in the water. Scan your immediate area frequently. You can see them drifting in from quite a distance.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm like you and mostly cruise the Caribbean and have been to a lot of the ports there. Everyone around here has been trying to talk me into going to Bermuda for years. I finally did it last year and FELL IN LOVE! So much so that a few months later...we went back again on another cruise. It's just so beautiful and "different" and the added plus is getting to stay for how ever many days (for us it was 3 days each time we went) and not having to worry about a schedule of getting back to the ship. A floating hotel is the best! :D

I'm like you and mostly cruise the Caribbean and have been to a lot of the ports there. Everyone around here has been trying to talk me into going to Bermuda for years. I finally did it last year and FELL IN LOVE! So much so that a few months later...we went back again on another cruise. It's just so beautiful and "different" and the added plus is getting to stay for how ever many days (for us it was 3 days each time we went) and not having to worry about a schedule of getting back to the ship. A floating hotel is the best! :D

Watching the NY Harbor webcam. Summit coming in, and we will be boarding her soon.:)