Calling Summit cabin experts

hulamoon

Currently booked in 1130 is 9043 better? It's my first time on this class ship. We generally love the stern cabins but also enjoyed the huge 1552 on solstice class. Also the relaxing privacy of that cabin.

Thank you in advance for input!

I would keep 1130! Those aft cabin balconies are deeper. We had 1140 earlier this year. The other benefit is those cabins are brand new compared to those on deck 9. There are some photos of our cabin and looking up at those from the bar area, I believe, in my photo review which is in my signature.

Currently booked in 1130 is 9043 better? It's my first time on this class ship. We generally love the stern cabins but also enjoyed the huge 1552 on solstice class. Also the relaxing privacy of that cabin.

Thank you in advance for input!

They're two different classes of cabins. 1130 is an A1 and 9043 is an A2. The A1 cabins are new. The A2 cabins are not. They were formerly concierge class cabins. They are also under a major overhang.

Yes know I have an A1 and the other is an A2. My experience on solstice class is that some A2s are in locations I like better. But I did not know they were old cabins I ought the AQ class brought in the boxed cabins like Solstice class. I read a discussion that included raves for these bigger balconies and of course I have heard of smoke drift from the bar below.

Also flirting wih S2 upgrade but all that is left is handicapped. Not sure I would be given that one. The second week I have 6145.

Thanks for input. Will check out the pics.

But I did not know they were old cabins I ought the AQ class brought in the boxed cabins like Solstice class.

None of the AQ cabins on the M class ships are like the AQ cabins on the S class ships. The new A1s were built in the same style as all other M class cabins (with the exception of the fancy showers with the leaky doors. The old A2s just had the shower retrofitted. Don't know if those leak or not, have never stayed in one. The A1s definitely leak--stock up on towels to put on the floor.

I would recommend sticking with your A1 booked cabin. Former CC cabins on deck 9 are mostly just below the pool deck, which can be noisy. There is a overhang from the deck above, which would provide shade or protection from weather and a bit more seclusion, if that's a preference. We've enjoyed sailing many times in these cabins prior to the new ones on deck 11, which we now book. The A1's on M class are definitely different from the AQ’s on S class, so don't expect too much…

Enjoy!!

The Cruiseologist

We've been in both an A1 and an A2 on sister Infinity in the last year and the deck 9 cabins under the Lido restaurant are much quieter than those under the pool. (We've stayed on deck 9 quite often and never really had a noise problem anyway but just thought I'd add that some have better hearing, and tolerance, for sound than others.) We've also been on the Summit.

I would definitely opt for deck 11 aft. 1130 will have the smallest aft balcony but it is still great. It also has the shallowest cover but that's still a great thing.

I don't know about the Summit's smoking policy in the Sunset Bar area but 1130 will not be above the smoking area anyway. It was removed from the Infinity this past spring. We have never had an issue with soot on any of the M class ships.

You will love 6145. We've done 6146. It is so quiet back on deck 6 you will think you are the only passengers on the ship.