Carnival MasterCard

MrsAReid

Hi. So I was recently on Carnival Fascination again and I wanted a free drawstring bag but you had to fill out a form for a Carnival Mastercard to get it. So looking iver mail that we accumulated over the course of the trip once home. I opened a letter with a card. I really don't want it so I wanted to know if you don't activate it what will happen? Does anyone out there have the card and use it? Do you get discounts on cruises for using it? Are there any discounts? HELP!!!!

If you never use the card, it will remain as "unrated" on your credit report. They will probably close it after a year if you never use it. For purposes of receiving external promotion stuff (like t-shirts and drawstring bags) and not wanting the card, the usual thing is to use it for a small purchase for each month for 3 months and pay it off each time. This will change it to a 1 (excellent) rating and you can then close it. Be aware that opening cards for trinkets like this does temporarily lower your credit score (from the initial credit inquiry, opening a new account, having an unrated account, available revolving credit, etc.), but if your score is high enough not to matter, go for it!

The card offers no discounts, but is a reward card that awards points for cruise cost reimbursement. They offer a shopping affiliation program that will get you more points for online shopping at select retailers (pretty much all the big name places are covered). There are many cards that offer better rewards that can be used for the same cruise credit, but plenty of people like having rewards that a strictly for cruising.

Edited by Davey Wavey

Hi. So I was recently on Carnival Fascination again and I wanted a free drawstring bag but you had to fill out a form for a Carnival Mastercard to get it. So looking iver mail that we accumulated over the course of the trip once home. I opened a letter with a card. I really don't want it so I wanted to know if you don't activate it what will happen? Does anyone out there have the card and use it? Do you get discounts on cruises for using it? Are there any discounts? HELP!!!!

If you plan on cruising with Carnival again soon, they are having a 20% discount on gift card if you use your carnival credit card. http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/

Beware though. I was on the Magic a few week ago and I already have a card, but some in the group did not. He asked them to fill out the form and they did, he asked me about it and I told him I already have one. He said just fill out the top portion of it and check don't want card and it won't be run but I will get the bag and lanyard. I get home and I have a nice new card so I call and try to get it canceled and asked how they got my SSN since I did not put one down and they had no answer to that.

However they did take what I was approved for and add that to my current card so I did get a credit limit increase because of it.

Beware though. I was on the Magic a few week ago and I already have a card, but some in the group did not. He asked them to fill out the form and they did, he asked me about it and I told him I already have one. He said just fill out the top portion of it and check don't want card and it won't be run but I will get the bag and lanyard. I get home and I have a nice new card so I call and try to get it canceled and asked how they got my SSN since I did not put one down and they had no answer to that.

However they did take what I was approved for and add that to my current card so I did get a credit limit increase because of it.

That's scary. I was gonna fill out for a new card so my friend could get another bag. I don't want another card. One carnival is enough.