How far from MIA-FLL to the NCL pier? Hotel suggestions?

MommyJamiex4

We are going to be going to the Bahamas in November and I am just wondering how far from the pier the airport is? I am making the assumption that we will be flying into FLL. I there even a MIA airport??? I personally thought they were one in the same. But either way what can I expect to be charged for a taxi. Or is there a better option?

We are considering flying in the night before if our childcare situation permits. If we do, what hotels do you suggest? Do any of them offer a free shuttle to the cruise pier? We have used piceline in the past and were very happy with our accomodations.

Thanks!

MIA and FLL are two different airports. It will take, depending upon traffic and the time of day, around 30-45 minutes to get from FLL to the Port of Miami. There are lots of hotel option in both Fort Lauderdale and Miami - search these boards for suggestions, and check the reviews on tripAdvisor.com before you book. Good luck!:)

We are going to be going to the Bahamas in November and I am just wondering how far from the pier the airport is? I am making the assumption that we will be flying into FLL. I there even a MIA airport??? I personally thought they were one in the same. But either way what can I expect to be charged for a taxi. Or is there a better option?

We are considering flying in the night before if our childcare situation permits. If we do, what hotels do you suggest? Do any of them offer a free shuttle to the cruise pier? We have used piceline in the past and were very happy with our accomodations.

Thanks!

Miami is a major international Airport and the gateway for South America. Fort Lauderdale is a really busy national airport.

How can you not know this?

What port are you cruising from Port of Miami or Port Everglades?

What are your hotel requirements and what is your budget?

One tip, do not pick a hotel based on a free shuttle. It isn't worth it and many times cruisers end up not using the free shuttle because it is a PIA.

Miami and Fort Lauderdale are both infinitely more interesting than most cruise ports. If you do a little research you can extend your vacation by including either city. Both have much to offer.

MIA- Miami International Airport is about 15 minutes for the Port of Miami

FLL- Fort Lauderdai-Hollywood Airport is 10-15 minutes from Port Everglades, which it also referred as the Fort lauderdale Port.

I all depends on where you are cruising out of.

Miami is normally more expensive to fly into. Just be careful to get caught up trying to save on airfare by flying into FLL and cruise out of Port of Miami. Some people do it, but you have to watch the added cost of transportation from FLL to MIA. If you finf a cruise leaving Port Everglades, flying into FLL is a no brainer.

We normally fly into MIA for a Miami cruise, just easier.

My wife and I are on the same cruise with similar questions. I have found a couple of limo sites and the concensus is that SAS at $15pp is best value. Limo was $110 including tip. There are six of us and we may opt for this. Looking forward to 11/6 on the Sky

Archived