Montserrat from St. Johns

ellieanne

I'm taking a cruise in January 2015, and one of the shore excursions offered is Montserrat by Helicopter. No other shore excursions offered by the ship include Montserrat, and this one is just a flyover.

Is it possible to do an independently-booked excursion to Montserrat from St. Johns? The itinerary says we're in St. Johns from 8 am - 5 pm.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

We did the copter flyover several years ago, and it was a blast. I'm the guy terrified of heights, so they put me right in the front next to the pilot - where the glass goes right down under your feet...

The told us they couldn't land the copter on the island without the appropriate clearance from the authorities. Perhaps they could if it was arranged ahead of time.

The excursion was certainly memorable!

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info on the helicopter, but I was really asking about time and feasibility of land tours to Montserrat.

We have the option of the helicopter flyover tour, but DH is really looking for something that lets him get feet on the ground, so to speak.

And I really cannot find any information about land tours of Montserrat from Antigua.

It's very tight with your time but I found this:

http://jennytours.webs.com/ratesservices.htm

Ferry is no option as you will not be able to make it back in time

Thanks for the help. I was afraid it might not be doable -- either because of time or cost. This is DH's first cruise so he may just have to learn quickly that not everything is doable. And Montserrat may be out of the question. Thanks again for the help.