We are also interested in doing the Skyride. I am under the impression that is right by the cruise terminal...is this correct? Would it be realistic to hop on that on the way back to the ship?
For those who are familiar with the island, based on this description, do you think it would be worth while?
From Carnival's web site:
Experience all the highlights of the U.S. Virgin Islands’ most popular island, including: a variety of beaches, spectacular views, historical locations, and the ultimate shopping experience.
On this comprehensive excursion you will:
- Begin with a scenic ride along Skyline Drive offering breathtaking views of Charlotte Amalie Harbour, the Caribbean Sea, the British Virgin Islands and Magen's Bay, rated by many travel magazines as one of the top ten beaches in the world.
- At Drake's Seat, enjoy a great photo stop of these spectacular views before continuing down to the heart-shaped beach at Magen's Bay for two hours of sun, swimming and fun.
- Continue on to famous Blackbeard's Hill, the "Williamsburg of the Caribbean".
- Prior to exploring the historic surroundings of Blackbeard's Hill, relax in the sun and enjoy any of the three delightful swimming pools.
- Take a self-guided tour through completely restored historical buildings set on approximately 5 acres of grounds dating as far back as the late 1600's. Historic structures include the world famous Blackbeard's Castle and former manor houses Villa Notman, Britannia House, Crown House (once used by visiting Danish Royalty), Haagensen House, the Rum Museum and Hotel 1829.
- See lush tropical gardens, terraces, fountains and a 20-foot waterfall that add to the splendor of the settings.
- At your leisure, hop aboard one of our continuous shuttle buses or take a short walk via the famous 99 Steps to Main Street to indulge your passion for the great recommended shopping in St. Thomas.
Note: This excursion ends downtown. Guests are responsible for the return transportation to the ship. Duration depends on the guest's personal touring and sopping time. Changing facilities are available.
TIA for any tips/advice/input you can offer...
Carnival Miracle | March 18, 2017
Our First Cruise
Honeymoon at Sea