question on whale watching please

miss tea

They do have it in July as an excursion. I did take the one in Alaska and I remember them saying the whales go from Mexico to Alaska for summer. I figured they would all be gone but I saw the excursion for my cruise in July. Thanks for the info

They do have it in July as an excursion. I did take the one in Alaska and I remember them saying the whales go from Mexico to Alaska for summer. I figured they would all be gone but I saw the excursion for my cruise in July. Thanks for the info

Wow! That is really surprising. I can't imagine anyone paying for a whale watching excursion in July. What ship will you be sailing on?

Has anyone taken a whale watching excursion during the season December - March and been happy with their experience?

We've had good excursions in Alaska where the whales were plentiful on two separate cruises. I know the conditions can vary. I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect based on your feedback.

Thanks

Its been a few years, but we had a great whale watch experience in Cabo, in March. Lots of whales all around. We almost didn't need an excursion, there were whales all around the ship, and we also saw lots prior to arriving in Cabo, as we sailed south along the coast in the morning.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Its been a few years, but we had a great whale watch experience in Cabo, in March. Lots of whales all around. We almost didn't need an excursion, there were whales all around the ship, and we also saw lots prior to arriving in Cabo, as we sailed south along the coast in the morning.

This sounds very encouraging. If you don't mind me asking, which cruise line and ship were you on?

This year, the whale population was one of the biggest seen in awhile. I went out in February and I saw more whales than I ever have before, and we didn't have to go far. You can see them from the beach also. I have many friends that spend the day with me off the ships and they have all reported seeing whales on their way in. It is now back to an occasional one here and there as they are heading north. I have friends coming off the Carnival ship tomorrow, I'll see what they have to report.

This year, the whale population was one of the biggest seen in awhile. I went out in February and I saw more whales than I ever have before, and we didn't have to go far. You can see them from the beach also. I have many friends that spend the day with me off the ships and they have all reported seeing whales on their way in. It is now back to an occasional one here and there as they are heading north. I have friends coming off the Carnival ship tomorrow, I'll see what they have to report.

How exciting this must have been for you. Whales are so magnificent! We have seen them in Alaska but I imagine it would be a wonderful experience to see them in the Cabo area as well.

Wow! That is really surprising. I can't imagine anyone paying for a whale watching excursion in July. What ship will you be sailing on?

I'm on the miracle out of Los Angeles and they do have an excursion. I didn't pay for it because I thought they were all gone by then. Just wanted to make sure.

• 4 months later...

Whales are typically in the Northwest or above in the summer months and down south in the winter months. That said, I have seen whales off the Oregon coast in the winter (stragglers who didn't migrate) but it's not very many. I'd assume the same thing could happen in Mexico in the summer. There may be a few stragglers who forget to migrate, but the odds will not be in your favor. You may pay to see nothing....or you could try and possibly get lucky!

Edited by NWHairGal