Best Beach for Kids in Philipsburg, St Maarten

LuCruise

One of our ports on the Allure is Philipsburg, St Maarten.

My DS will be 10.5 and is an "ok" swimmer (not advanced but can swim) and DD will be 6.5 and currently only starting swimming lessons.

What is a good beach to visit that we can get to by cab? Looking for a place with calm water, soft sand, and that you can walk out a bit in the water?

Also, do any have chairs or simple floats/rafts or fun water things to rent?

Edited by LuCruise

Le Galion would be ideal. It is always calm as it is in a sheltered bay, it is shallow quite a way out, and there is decent food and drink at reasonable prices as well as chair and umbrella rentals.

Thanks. I did a quick search and it looks nice from pictures. And good that they sell decent food and drinks as we could be there over lunch. How far is it from port? And anything to rent (e.g. rafts)?

Edited by LuCruise

Thanks. I did a quick search and it looks nice from pictures. And good that they sell decent food and drinks as we could be there over lunch. How far is it from port? And anything to rent (e.g. rafts)?

Le Galion is probably about twenty minutes from the port by taxi - and, because it is on the east side of the island, pretty much straight north of the port, you do not have to worry about the heavy afternoon traffic which can make getting back through Phillipsburg from the west such a hassle. There are rafts, wind surfers, etc.

Le Galion is probably about twenty minutes from the port by taxi - and, because it is on the east side of the island, pretty much straight north of the port, you do not have to worry about the heavy afternoon traffic which can make getting back through Phillipsburg from the west such a hassle. There are rafts, wind surfers, etc.

Thank you so much. I'll definitely put it on the list. Looks like a great one.

One more question....Le Galion seems good for my little one who really doesn't swim, but would it bore my 10.5 year old? i.e. he may find the waves fun so if there is no current, I'm wondering if it'll just be like a big shallow pool for him???

Any other suggestions for not crazy waves but some, white sand and where you can maybe rent floats or boogie boards? (and not a nude beach...or dominantly nude if you can't avoid that in st marten)