Cabin for 5

lagienomai

We are a family of five and are new to cruising. Just took our first October of last year on Carnival Sunshine. We are addicted and already have 2 more booked through Carnival. So I am already branching out and would like to try a different. I read somewhere that the Breakaway has an inside cabin that sleeps 5. Online you are unable to book more than 4 but has anyone every done a cabin with 5? If on this ship or another? I know some say it is crazy but it is cheaper this way and we honestly don't spend much time in our cabin.

There are many staterooms on deck 5 that hold 5 people.

They are ocean-view...

...but the price isn't much more than interior.

Prices fluctuate and if you book for a time when kids are out of school, the prices will be higher because of demand.

Thanks. We book Oceanview so this will be good. My kids are home schooled so we are pretty flexible to when we take vacation.

We are a family of five and are new to cruising. Just took our first October of last year on Carnival Sunshine. We are addicted and already have 2 more booked through Carnival. So I am already branching out and would like to try a different. I read somewhere that the Breakaway has an inside cabin that sleeps 5. Online you are unable to book more than 4 but has anyone every done a cabin with 5? If on this ship or another? I know some say it is crazy but it is cheaper this way and we honestly don't spend much time in our cabin.

The family ov rooms on the breakaway are 216 sq ft . Nice size room. Since your kids are home schooled and dates can be flexible keep an eye out for the KSF promo. We try to book when they have this going on. We are on the Breakaway in a few weeks with friends of ours and they booked the family ov for 5 for $2800 including tax port charges ,they got UBP for 2 plus kids got soda package. We were going to book the same room for 4 of us for the extra space but chose a balcony instead because we went from 4 to 3 in our room. .We booked a year in advance and at the time I don't think NCL realized it was spring break and stopped the KSF promo for those weeks shortly after .

Edited by HighVoltage#9

The Breakaway has lots of Family Oceanviews (category O1) on Deck 5 that accommodate 5. You can look up the deck plan here. (Go to Deck 5 and look for the yellow midship cabins with a star.)

Keep in mind that Friends and Family Sail Free is now only for passengers 3 & 4, so passenger 5 would still pay a cruise fare under this promotion (usually much less than passengers 1 & 2, but you never know).

The Breakaway has lots of Family Oceanviews (category O1) on Deck 5 that accommodate 5. You can look up the deck plan here. (Go to Deck 5 and look for the yellow midship cabins with a star.)

Keep in mind that Friends and Family Sail Free is now only for passengers 3 & 4, so passenger 5 would still pay a cruise fare under this promotion (usually much less than passengers 1 & 2, but you never know).

Thanks I will look into this. Being new to cruising we are not brand loyal but would prefer to sail in one room because it is cheaper than booking to different ones. This way we hope to start sailing twice a year if the price is right.