Cheap, Fun Excursion Ideas? Costa Maya

SoundsOfSand

Anyone have any suggestions for a semi-cheap ($40 or less per person) for something fun to do in Costa Maya?

Not big into shopping and we do not drink (alcohol).

We'd probably be looking for something like a beach, snorkeling, or whatever else we can find that's cheap(er) and fun. Suggestions?

Go to Mahahual....cheap taxi ride of $2.00 each....pick a spot...Tropicante, Blue Kay....get your chairs free, buy drinks or food and swim or snorkel.....if there are a lot of ships in port that day, pre reserve with Tropicante on their website and they will hold lounges for you.

I highly suggest heading over the Blue Kay. It's really simple to get there and I guarantee you'll spend less than $40 pp (actually it will probably be that or less for you both combined).

It's only a few minutes away, cheap to get there, free to get in and just eat and drink there during the day and they are happy.

The snorkeling was pretty good and very easy to do.

I have a complete review listed in my signature line with TONS of photos of what it is like there. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I highly suggest heading over the Blue Kay. It's really simple to get there and I guarantee you'll spend less than $40 pp (actually it will probably be that or less for you both combined).

It's only a few minutes away, cheap to get there, free to get in and just eat and drink there during the day and they are happy.

The snorkeling was pretty good and very easy to do.

I have a complete review listed in my signature line with TONS of photos of what it is like there. :)

Can you take the open air bus down & back to Blue Kay or do you need to get a taxi ? How often does the bus run ? Thanks :) :) :)

Can you take the open air bus down & back to Blue Kay or do you need to get a taxi ? How often does the bus run ? Thanks :) :) :)

Yes, take the open air bus over for $3pp and whenever you are ready to return, just tell the staff and they call a cab to come get you (usually takes about 10 minutes at the most). $2 cab ride back. Easy peasy. :D