Puerto angel

eliterror

Does anyone have any information about this beach area? How far is it from the port?

There's a beach area called Puerto Angel about 15 klicks south of the Port along the coast raod to Xcalak. But the nearest facilities are north of the area about 3 kilometers. Most of this part of the coast is underdeveloped. But pictures show very lovely beaches. Contact the Hotel Castillo for information about the area and perhaps cost of a taxi to get there. But be sure to arrange transportation for return.

http://www.hotel-castillo.com/

Edited by crewsweeper

are you sure about the name?

Hi, I already found it for you, what do you need to know?

Don't confuse this Puerto Angel with the Western Oaxaca town/port of Puerto Angel.

But if you know of any beach facilities being built or opened there besides the Hotel Castillo to the north, that information would be useful for the OP. Also cab fare and how to get transportaion back to the port since this is off the "beaten track" so to speak.

Edited by crewsweeper

I agree Puerto Angel is an amazing area very secluded and pristine, I've been there a couple of years ago. To reach this area you need about 20 min. drive car from Mahahual village, but be aware there are no facilities there.

Hotel Castillo is not located on Puerto Angel beach but it is pretty close, it's situated about 1 mile north.

A friend told me there is a new place called Almaplena Beach Resort located in Puerto Angel that is going to open in the middle of December. I couldn't find the website to see some pictures...

If someone gets more info about Almaplena please let me know because I'm planning to be in Costa Maya on January!

• 2 years later...
I agree Puerto Angel is an amazing area very secluded and pristine, I've been there a couple of years ago. To reach this area you need about 20 min. drive car from Mahahual village, but be aware there are no facilities there.

Hotel Castillo is not located on Puerto Angel beach but it is pretty close, it's situated about 1 mile north.

A friend told me there is a new place called Almaplena Beach Resort located in Puerto Angel that is going to open in the middle of December. I couldn't find the website to see some pictures...

If someone gets more info about Almaplena please let me know because I'm planning to be in Costa Maya on January!

I know this is a very old thread, but I'm hoping that you (chilimixx) will see this post and can maybe tell me a little more about Hotel Castillo. Let me know if you have been there. Thanks :)