1st time, where to go?

alyssa0922

It will be our first time in GC, would you suggest the turtle farm or 7 mile beach? Our party is 6 adults and a 15 month old. The baby does love animals so she may be interested in the turtle farm...? however she wouldn't know if she was missing anything if we just did a beach day. Any advice is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The turtle farm is just that....a farm where they raise turtles for meat.

7 Mile Beach is lovely...your child will never miss something she knows nothing about! There's a bus that runs back and forth to the beach $2.50 pp, and makes for a cheap, easy day! There are chair/umbrella rentals, restrooms, watersport rentals, and food/drink all up and down the beach!

The Seagrape area is very nice.

We took our 8 month old with us on ships Dolphin Encounter excursion. She was free and we got to experience everything with her by our side. I have a great picture of our group in the water petting the dolphin as it swims by and she's staring at the camera. In addition to the dolphins they also have a shallow pond where you can see starfish, crabs and other little sea creatures. Our daughter won't remember it but it did give my wife and I some great memories we'll remember forever.

The public bus is very safe, locals very willing to help and tell you where to get off. & mile has lots of fish in the water close to the humans! she will still get her animal time in!!

The Dolphins are great but I am not sure at that age she would be able to get in with them.

Stingray City is VERY cool, and the water is shallow enough that you could hold her in the ocean with you, but the rays are strong and when they rub you they don't know their own strength, I almost tumbled a few times from them. But I'm all of 5'3" and 115# lol, a man would have no issues and the guides for the rays are FAB!!

The Queen Elizabeth Botanical Gardens are gorgeous, wildlife, flora but its a bit of a drive from Georgetown...i think like 40 mins.

Any of those you can't go wrong, its a wonderful island, USD accepted widely.