Possible flight time at disembarkation?

eandj

We need to head home at disembarkation in Barcelona. :(

We have never done that before, so I'm wondering if catching a flight at 10:45 is going to be too much of a stress. Ship schedule says 7:00 a.m. arrival time.

I hate rushes...so be honest here.;)

As you "hate rushes", I would say no. In my opinion, go for a later flight.

That said, it's quite possible to get off the ship, gather your bags, catch a taxi, and be to the airport before 9. Of course, there is no room for "taking your time", or any unplanned events, as the airport will be very crowded with other cruisers trying to get on the same early flights.

We did that early flight last time with no trouble, as it turned out, but worried about it the whole time -- especially when we saw the long, slow moving lines at the airport, and we were pretty stressed.

This time we chose a flight that leaves at 1 so we would not have to rush off the ship and worry the whole way.

Many others will check in to say "go for it" because it IS possible....but only you know your stress level and how quickly you want to move.

We don't like to end our trips with that much worrying.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You and I are thinking alike. "Rationally" I know we can make it. But since I hate stress ...I'm leaning to the 2:00 flight. I guess you reminded me how little sleep I'd get the night before. :p

It's funny.. being very familiar with the Fl ports, I tell people how nice it is to take your time in the morning and avoid the rush of early flighters. Better listen to my OWN words here. :D

I avoid stress like the plague, but in my instance last September, the only flight from Barcelona to Ny was 10:40 am the day of disembarkation, I reserved a car in advance from Barcelona Day Tours to transport us to the airport as I feared the line for taxis would be too long. I discovered that reserving a car was not necessary as there were plenty of taxis lined up at the pier. I was quite annoyed as our driver was 25 minutes late but we made it in ample time to the airport. The check in at BCN is very efficient.

Next time I will just take a cab as it is cheaper.

Have a great time!

We need to head home at disembarkation in Barcelona. :(

We have never done that before, so I'm wondering if catching a flight at 10:45 is going to be too much of a stress. Ship schedule says 7:00 a.m. arrival time.

I hate rushes...so be honest here.;)

You can never guarantee that you will dock bang on time - we have just had a 3 hour delay docking in Valencia as the port was closed due to fog - or something could prevent you disembarking immediately.

I would go for a later flight and not have the stress.