Carnival Survey on European Itineraries

magic&buddy

I received an email from Carnival with numerous questions about my interest in ports of call throughout Europe. I am wondering if Carnival is looking at making Europe a permanent itinerary. Has anyone heard anything about this? Did you receive the email?

I would love a Carnival ship to choose from in the Mediterranean!

I saw a couple threads on here about the survey over the weekend. Most people were guessing that it had to do with planning the itinerary (or itineraries) for the Vista in 2016. My husband and I would really love to do a Mediterranean Cruise and it would be awesome if Carnival starts doing them again! :)

Here's hoping for some Northern European itineraries rather than the usual Med. stuff.

Probably not likely, though. Still, I think the problem they mentioned was that it was hard to get Americans over due to airfare. I think it might be easier if they did northern European sailings out of English-speaking UK rather than Barcelona or Rome, which may be more intimidating.

Here's hoping for some Northern European itineraries rather than the usual Med. stuff.

Probably not likely, though. Still, I think the problem they mentioned was that it was hard to get Americans over due to airfare. I think it might be easier if they did northern European sailings out of English-speaking UK rather than Barcelona or Rome, which may be more intimidating.

We sailed Princess this year and there seemed to be no issue getting Americans to the Baltics as the ship was full, and Princess pretty much had their entire fleet in Europe as well as Celebrity.

I did not receive a survey but we did a Baltic cruise last summer and loved it. The hardest thing about this itinerary is that the flights cost about as much as the cruise.:eek: Nevertheless, we've been looking at what they might come up with for Vista itineraries in 2016. My own preference would be an Eastern Mediterranean cruise with Istanbul as a port.

We have sailed Carnival twice in Europe. We did the Med and Baltic. Both were absolutely fabulous cruises, our best ever! I will say that cost of flight was more than the cruise in both cases. Due to this, many Americans do not chose a European itinerary. In fact, on our Baltic cruise last year, there were more British citizens than Americans. According to John Heald, our CD, that was the first time ever for that statistic.

IF Carnival gives it another go (they have been there and pulled out at least two times to my knowledge) we would book them again in a flash! Since nothing is planned though, we are trying a RCCL European trip next summer to the Canary Islands and Morocco!

We sailed Princess this year and there seemed to be no issue getting Americans to the Baltics as the ship was full, and Princess pretty much had their entire fleet in Europe as well as Celebrity.

Lots of Americans travel to Europe, but generally speaking, since Carnival usually has the least expensive cruises, they tend to draw folks that don't want to spend a lot of money on flight. Princess on the other hand, is a more expensive cruise, therefore, tends to draw a crowd more willing to pay.

Hey, I'm not slamming Carnival cruisers. Obviously I'm one of them! But the truth is, American "Carnival" Cruisers have not been supportive of the European market. We had the Baltic Cruise planned with Carnival about 5 years ago, and they canceled it on us! Luckily they brought it back last year.