Hotel at Gatwick

mycruz

Looking for recommendation for Hotel at or near the airport. We need it for one night and would like something moderate priced, clean and comfortable. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Mycruz

The Sofitel is superbly located, clean and comfortable.

On the minus side, completely anonymous.

Matthew

My vote would go to the Premier Inn Gatwick Central. Doubles/Family rooms are about 65-75 GBP. A modern very good hotel about 3 years old and walkable from the North Terminal.

The only other hotels that you don't need a bus transfer are the Hilton and Sofitel, about double the price.

I, too, like the Sofitel. Instead of staying in London on our final night, we avoid the high cost of London hotels by checking out on our final day. We leave the luggage at hotel and go back for it later in the early evening after we've toured around London during the day. We then take the Gatwick Express over to the airport (and hotel).

This gives us a MUCH easier time on the day we fly home as there is not a super-early wake-up call and we are RIGHT THERE at the airport. Our cost for Sofitel in late April is 119 GBP including VAT and Cancel Insurance. Hope this helps.

Recently, we stayed at the Premier Travel Inn and it was a good bet. Everything was neat and clean - good service, good breakfast, quick return to the airport. We couldn't have asked for better at a great rate.

Thanks for the suggestions, we decided on the Sofitel. So convienent to the terminal and when traveling, the less I have to think about the better.

Anyon know if there is a luggage storage place at or near Gatwick? We are thinking of taking a 3 day trip to Ireland but don't want to have to drag our luggage with us. I'm kind of hoping I can work something out with the hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived