Walking and Partly disabled Chacchoben Ruins Tour w/ Native Choice

gzjax

We are going to Costa Maya in 3 weeks and doing the Chacchoben Ruins Tour w/ Native Choice. My wife has a knee that has to be replaced in May and is having a very tough time walking. How much walking is there at the Chacchoben Ruins? I know there is some walking to get to Native Choice. About how long does it take to get to their office for a person without and walking problems? That will help me understand how long it will take us. Thank you

We did this in December and the walk to NC was a little longer than we had expected. I'm not good at judging distances but maybe a quarter mile from the cruise terminal. The pier you have to walk in from the ship is also very long but I saw some kind of trolleys you could ride. As far as walking in Chacchoban, the area is mostly flat and not too difficult to navigate. Our tour guide went very slowly to avoid the crowds ahead of us. You would also be able to leave your tour group and walk at your own pace. I'd just let the guide know if you do this. (ours was David) I think I read that Chacchoban covers about a 6 block area.

• 4 weeks later...
We are going to Costa Maya in 3 weeks and doing the Chacchoben Ruins Tour w/ Native Choice. My wife has a knee that has to be replaced in May and is having a very tough time walking. How much walking is there at the Chacchoben Ruins? I know there is some walking to get to Native Choice. About how long does it take to get to their office for a person without and walking problems? That will help me understand how long it will take us. Thank you

Gzjax - how did your wife do with the walking? We are looking at doing the tour in January with my in laws, one of which has some walking issues.

Chacchoban is pretty easy for people who walk with a stick, lots of places to sit, shade. You can't climb up but you can see the main structures and we also saw howler monkeys. The walk from the pier is about 500 m from where the trolley from the boat will drop you, on the way back we were dropped further away and had to walk an extra couple of hundred metres. Lots of places to sit though.

• 5 months later...