Chef's table

Cruising on the Jewel in February and have reservations with a small group for the Chef's Table, looked today on the sample menu and for me, really don't like the choices! I would be interested to know others experiences and for instance, if you don't eat fish will they do substitutions? Do they offer more selections than just what they show as a sample??? $85 is a lot for a meal you really aren't looking forward....

The Chefs Table is a set menu with wine pairing.

If you have any allergies etc you should contact the Maitre D' once you get on board to see if alternative choices are available.

If there are any courses that you do not like/cannot eat then you may have to forego them without replacement.

Personally, I would only book the Chefs Table if I was going to enjoy every course along with the various wine being served.

We have done Chef's Table several times with members of our party who do not eat seafood. As long as RCI knew ahead of time an alternate dish was always provided. We have never had a problem getting alternate dishes with prior notice.

Last Nov I arranged 2 private Chef's Tables for CC people on the Jewel. There were several who couldn't/wouldn't eat either beef or seafood and the made accommodations for them. They said they could substitute anything from the Chops menu. Just give them a heads-up before the event.

• 2 months later...
Is the chef's table a set time every night? Our cruise only shows availability at 6:30 every evening. I'm kinda assuming this is a set time every night.

It will depend on the number of people signed up for the Chef's table as to how many nights they will hold it. They will only hold it if there are a minimum number of diners (varies ship to ship). The maximum is 16-18.

If you book it for a certain night there may be the possibility that not enough people have signed up for it that night in which case you will have the choice of re-scheduling to a different night or to receive a refund.