BYO Wine policy with Costa

CountessP

Couldn't find it on Costa website: Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring a bottle of wine per person on carry on, as many other cruise lines are now allowing?

All inclusive not a good option for us as hubby doesn't drink.

Thanks in advance!

Couldn't find it on Costa website: Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring a bottle of wine per person on carry on, as many other cruise lines are now allowing?

All inclusive not a good option for us as hubby doesn't drink.

Thanks in advance!

No. Not allowed. (But people still hide them in checked bags.)

The all inclusive does cover soft drinks, non alcoholic cocktails and hot beverages. Costa charge so much for these drinks, I wonder if you have thought about it?

We love sitting at one of the bars with a nice cappuccino - it beats making your own in the buffet area

caryl

The all inclusive does cover soft drinks, non alcoholic cocktails and hot beverages. Costa charge so much for these drinks, I wonder if you have thought about it?

We love sitting at one of the bars with a nice cappuccino - it beats making your own in the buffet area

caryl

Yeah, and also at breakfast. It's nice to sit down and just order a coffee and a orange juice (out of a bottle; but not freshly squezzed) instead of having to stand in line and get the instand-thing you can get for free.

Also having some sparkling water at dinner and for lunch some softdrinks it's nice to have.

I understand completly that it might be a little to much if your hubby doesn't drink alcohol, but firstly it's easy, as you don't have to sign each time a slip, secondly the 15% Service Charge is already included in the All Inclusive and finally comparing the prices Costa charges about half the price as for example Royal Caribbean.

We've booked the AI for our Diadema cruise in Feb, as it seems such good value. Is breakfast in the dining room and buffet? And can you get AI coffee and juice in the buffet as well?

Never been on Costa before so not sure how things work!

Thanks

Yes, breakfast is in both.

Bar service waitstaff is in the buffet area during breakfast, so you may use the AI.

It's also available right up until you disembark to go home.

We've booked the AI for our Diadema cruise in Feb, as it seems such good value. Is breakfast in the dining room and buffet? And can you get AI coffee and juice in the buffet as well?

Never been on Costa before so not sure how things work!

Thanks

My preference is the very small buffet they have at the aft pool deck. They've had it on the last 3 ships I've been on, not sure if they have it on all. There is a bar alongside the small buffet area and I order my juice and cappucino, then bybthe time I get my food, the drinks are ready and I can grab a chair out in the fresh air away from all the crowds and bumping and occasional shoving in the big buffet inside.

I wa just on the diadema, and I had the AI, I am not a big drinker, but definetly saved me a fortune, I also had cappachino and water with every meal, wine with evening meal, and a few n/a cocktails,soft drinks, occasional cocktail watching the theatre shows.. My drinks bill would have avaraged 40eu per day. I never had a problem finding a table on the diadema as suggested I ventured a short distance from the main buffet, ordered a drink and put my book down, when i returned from buffet drink was waiting..in the main dining room after 1st day they automatically brought water and my preferred wine to the table..no signing or card needed.. same in the pay restaurants i showed my card when being seated and the wine and water just kept coming x choice of wines by the glass, red,rose,dry and meduim white or sparkling. in all bars and dining areas as well as by waiter service everywhere..the cocktails where an average of 8 euros so even .and the wine 6eu i think. if you had a couple of coffee and a couple of waters a day, and a couple of drinks at dinner or after you were up.