Inconsistency in cruise deposits.

I remember that too, we had a cruise to PNG booked for this year on the $1 deposits last year and cancelled fairly early when our friends wouldn't be able to make it anymore. It cost us the $2 but in the T&Cs if you let it ride up to a certain date, you either pay the remaining or pay a cancellation fee of $110 per person.

Correct. I confirmed with a TA advertising the $1 deposit. The second deposit is due 190 days before the cruise. If you cancel between the 190 days and 3 months before the cruise you lose any deposit paid. Mic is the $110 cancellation per person included in the second deposit or an additional fee?

The TA who advertised the promotion only mentioned the loss of the $1 deposit which I thought was a bit misleading.

Correct. I confirmed with a TA advertising the $1 deposit. The second deposit is due 190 days before the cruise. If you cancel between the 190 days and 3 months before the cruise you lose any deposit paid. Mic is the $110 cancellation per person included in the second deposit or an additional fee?

The TA who advertised the promotion only mentioned the loss of the $1 deposit which I thought was a bit misleading.

The $110 would be if you do not notify that you are cancelling and it would be within the 190 days but you hadn't paid the second deposit. I hope that makes sense.

The $110 would be if you do not notify that you are cancelling and it would be within the 190 days but you hadn't paid the second deposit. I hope that makes sense.

Yes thanks. The same agent is now advertising $1 deposits and kids sail free. Lots of people with children are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes thanks. The same agent is now advertising $1 deposits and kids sail free. Lots of people with children are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just check the T&Cs I have found several TAs offering the low deposits.

That's not necessarily due to the low deposit though. For example, with traditional deposit bookings, there have been some agents which charge cancellation fees in addition to or which may exceed the deposit. Same requirements apply.