Need ANY Suggestions!!

Mrs.Vanus

My soon to be Hubby and I will be taking our Honeymoon cruise in July. I am 25, he is 26.

We are looking for any suggestions that you might HIGHLY recommend for Roatan. We have found nothing to do at this port yet.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Happy Cruising!:D

We just got off the Valor on Sunday and while in Roatan we hired a private driver through Victor Bodden Tours. We did not book ahead and instead got off the ship and proceeded to ask security at the port where I could find the Victor Bodden booth. Once there I negotiated a price of $20 per person for the day. Our driver was William, Victor's brother. He took us to Victor's house (about 15minutes from port) and we played with the monkeys. I have great pics that I can post if you're interested. It was a lot of fun. They also offer zip lining at his home too but we did not partake. Then William took us to the Mayan Princess but they were full and were not accepting any more cruise passengers for the day so he took us down the road to Bananarama. They had a bar on the beach with THE BEST island singer I've ever heard! He sang everything from Marley to Elvis and it was all good. The beach was gorgeous! From the beach we hired a local guy to take us to the Blue Channel for some snorkeling for $15 each. It was the most amazing snorkeling I've ever seen!! We were literally surrounded by 100s of fish. It was like being in an aquarium! Roatan was me and dh's favorite stop! William stayed with us all day and then drove us back to the ship when we were ready. Well worth the $20 per person!

I was in Roatan last week and I also booked Victor. We did it online. It was $25 / pers ( 4 of us). $40 / pers if there are only 2.

Our guide was Lionel and we would recommend him to anyone.

When you get off the ship, it is a little scary. VERY POOR. I had read that you have to be careful hiring a cab as not everyone is honest.

Having booked ahead of time & knowing that victor came with Very good references from this board, I was ok.

We did an isand tour, then we went to Victors...... loved the monkeys ( $2 / pp) but worth every penny.

The guys decided to do the zipline ( $45 / p) and really enjoyed that also. The had 2 guides with them on the circuit.

AFter, Lionel took us to a little beach on the west end for snorkling ( free).

We were able to leave all our valuables in the van ( which I would NEVER have done had I not had references of the driver).

Then we wanted to buy Vanilla. He took us to the grocery store ( $2 for a bottle) and then back to the ship.

We were with him all day and it was FABULOUS.

Victor is very well orgaized. But he is closed on Saturdays for the Sabbath.

When my husband and I were in Roatan, we went Ziplining with Pirates of the Caribbean Canopy. It was the highlight of our trip along with drift diving in Cozumel. We booked directly through the company (http://roatancanopy-pirates-of-the-caribbean.com) and they picked us up from the dock. We had 5 people in our party (age range 15 - 65) so transporation was free. Everyone LOVED the excursion and we haven't stopped talking about it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever you do, don't just get off the ship and walk through the town...it is very poor and there is nothing there. Booking a tour with someone sounds like the best opt here. If I went there again, don't think I would even get off the ship unless I had a tour booked.:)

I just returned from Roatan and went on a sailing charter through https://www.sailroatan.com/Home_Page.php

Now, we charted the sail boat for the 7 of us privately, however it is my understanding that they will let people book this individually. I cannot recommend Mario and Lori enough. Lori was a dream to work with on line. This excursion was so relaxing and fun. The Captain (Dave) was very interesting and told us a ton about Roatan. When I return I will book them again! What a great day we had!!!

I just returned from Roatan and went on a sailing charter through https://www.sailroatan.com/Home_Page.php

Now, we charted the sail boat for the 7 of us privately, however it is my understanding that they will let people book this individually. I cannot recommend Mario and Lori enough. Lori was a dream to work with on line. This excursion was so relaxing and fun. The Captain (Dave) was very interesting and told us a ton about Roatan. When I return I will book them again! What a great day we had!!!

That looks pretty cool. Did you snorkel? How was it? How much time did you have to snorkel? How was the lunch they provided?

That looks pretty cool. Did you snorkel? How was it? How much time did you have to snorkel? How was the lunch they provided?

We did not snorkel because we didn't want to but they took us to a pretty calm area that looked perfect for snorkelling. Lunch was smoked turkey and ham sandwiches (in whole wheat pitas). Very good. Also home made Hummus and chips. The deck hand Williams was fantastic as well! They had beer and any liquor you would want for mixed drinks. Williams makes a great rum punch!! I highly recommend this excursion!

• 2 weeks later...

we did a western carib. cruise in jan, and rotan was our fave port! we did a zipline and beach excursion thru shoretrips.com. picked us up at the port, took us to south shore zipline (included in cost), took us to Foster's beach afterwards (part of west bay beach), and brought us back to the ship 2-3 hours later. 1 free drink was included, beers were $2, rum punch $2.50. it was our favorite day of the cruise!

Alternately, if you like to snorkel, our friends went to fins and flippers, and said the snorkeling there was better than what we did in either grand caymen or cozumel.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were in Roatan a few weeks ago and a great day at Fins and Flippers. F&F is a private island that is about 5 minutes away from the cruise ship dock. They have a nice pool, a gift shop, a snack bar with good food, local beer and good drinks and a nice beach, but the highlight for us was the snorkeling was fantastic! It costs $20/person to get in if you reserve in advance (through their web site) or $25 per person if you just show up. It was worth every penny!

Tha sista:

Another question or two about your sailing charter with Calypso Lady. . . How did you get from the cruise dock to the sailing charter? Was transportation provided?

What time did you begin? Our time in Roatan is limited as we depart at 3:00pm. We would have to be done with our sailing charter by 2:00pm to be on the safe side. What do you think?

Shore Trips charges $99 apiece for an island tour when other operators only charge $30-$40!

Victor Bodden charges $40 pp for two, less for larger groups and that is for the entire day. One of the best buys around for a wonderful day.

Archived