Resort Pass?

Truluv

Is anyone aware of a resort that offers "resort for a day" day passes on St. Thomas? Over the years we've had some really restful port days by getting resort day passes and enjoying a hotel's amenities. It's no longer an excusion option. I can't remember the name of the small beach resort we went to on St. Thomas a few years ago, but it had a small (very nice) pool, nice beach, beach bar and some water boards and thingies for rent. Traveling solo this time, and thought it would be nice to find someplace like that again.

I've done some hunting on other sites, and the reviews for Frenchman's Reef, the Ritz and Sugar Bay haven't been very good. (I realized that I did a Bolongo Bay Beach Club day pass a few years ago, when it was offered as an excursion on a different cruise line. They had a nice small pool, a beach bar and a good beach with loungers. It was about a 25 minute taxi ride from the pier. However, I don't see anything on Bolongo Bay Beach Club's web site about daily passes.) Unless someone comes up with a recommendation for a resor, I'll just browse Havenstock and then enjoy a quiet ship in St. Thomas.

I can wait to get my resort fix on St. Maarten. The Wyndham there has a great day pass that even include the use of a hotel room. Their beach wasn't great, but their pool was beautiful and very quiet when we were there 2-3 years ago. They did charge extra for a pavilion with two loungers, but it was worth it to have the shade available.

Edited by Truluv

• 3 weeks later...

I am also looking for a day pass excursion. I've stayed at the Frenchman's reef before but I think the price is quite high just to use their pool since beaches are open to the public.

What bad reviews did you read about the Ritz and Sugar Bay?

If you search resort for a day on the internet, you will get a website that provides day passes at resorts on different islands. There seems to be one available at the Marriott on St. Thomas with two options (one with beverages and one without). They also have the Wyndham on St. Maarten, but it is super expensive unless you are traveling in a group of 4 (same price 1-4 ppl on this site). I have not used this site myself.

So I just PM'd Bolongo Bay on FB. Here is their reply...

the only day passes we sell are for use of our watersports equipment and that is $60 per adult. You can also just rent a beach chair, $5 per chair if you just want to relax on the beach. Restaurants are open so you can purchase drinks and lunch while here. Happy cruising!

Hope this helps