Discounts galore!

300dtc

Just saw that NCL is running all sorts of discounts for new bookings. A mini suite booking would get you a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, dinner at the steakhouse and the italian rest. I guess after you have made your final payment there are no perks? Is there anything I still should be looking for to get a "better deal" than the one that I have. I guess I didn't read enough prior to booking and now feel like there were so many better options than what I ended up with:(

Just saw that NCL is running all sorts of discounts for new bookings. A mini suite booking would get you a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, dinner at the steakhouse and the italian rest. I guess after you have made your final payment there are no perks? Is there anything I still should be looking for to get a "better deal" than the one that I have. I guess I didn't read enough prior to booking and now feel like there were so many better options than what I ended up with:(

I am finding better deals at other websites than what NCL has listed on their website....including the perks you mentioned above. I don't know why NCL isn't more competitive with their pricing. Have you made your final payment yet? If not, you should read the fine print on your booking and call NCL and ask for the perks or discounts you have found. I have even cancelled (no penalty incurred) and rebooked an entire cruise when I found a better price with a special they were running.....saved about $700.

I noticed that on our next cruise, often when NCL puts out a promotion, they also raise the cabin base fare. An example, our inside went up $25 and then they offered a $12.50 OBC for new bookings.

Same deal with our local furniture stores...raise the price and then offer 30% off.

I am finding better deals at other websites than what NCL has listed on their website....including the perks you mentioned above. I don't know why NCL isn't more competitive with their pricing. Have you made your final payment yet? If not, you should read the fine print on your booking and call NCL and ask for the perks or discounts you have found. I have even cancelled (no penalty incurred) and rebooked an entire cruise when I found a better price with a special they were running.....saved about $700.

I've been checking out websites when they send emails touting all these terrific perks. Only one problem -- the ship costs more than we paid last Aug for Nov 2013 Breakaway. Can't see spending more for the cabin just for a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, etc.:D

Just like you should never ask the guy on the airplane next to you what you paid, once you are past the point where your fare can be adjusted (final payment), stop looking at cruise pricing. It fluctuates so much, it serves as nothing other than being frustrating because someone else got a 'better deal;.

Just like you should never ask the guy on the airplane next to you what you paid, once you are past the point where your fare can be adjusted (final payment), stop looking at cruise pricing. It fluctuates so much, it serves as nothing other than being frustrating because someone else got a 'better deal;.

I know, I know, i can't seem to stop myself! :rolleyes:

All of these "perks" run on NCL on a somewhat regular basis. We book about a year out and seem to get a deal that makes us happy. I don monitor though on the off chance a "better" deal comes along. Mostly the prices go up and I'm happy. I quit looking after final payment, it is an nothing but frustrating.

I noticed that on our next cruise, often when NCL puts out a promotion, they also raise the cabin base fare. An example, our inside went up $25 and then they offered a $12.50 OBC for new bookings.

Same deal with our local furniture stores...raise the price and then offer 30% off.

The same thing just happened to the fare for a suite we have booked for 2014. I saw all the current enticements, so I thought I would check our res. We could get the free wine, strawbs, etc, but our fare would be about $800 more! We're keeping the lower fare:). However, it's always good to check because every once in a while there is a fabulous deal!

I waiting for the kids sale free promo. Since last time I tried to rebook this my fare would have increase over $1,000. So, this time I figure when the promo goes away I will be able to get obc because the pricing will revert back down. e9ehanar.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

My TA said this:

"In order to take advantage of the current promotions, you would need to be re-priced at today’s rates, which would be approximately $230 more than you presently have. I do not think it would be worthwhile for you."

God forbid they throw you a free Italian dinner!

My TA said this:

"In order to take advantage of the current promotions, you would need to be re-priced at today’s rates, which would be approximately $230 more than you presently have. I do not think it would be worthwhile for you."

God forbid they throw you a free Italian dinner!

Plus it is not real Italian food. Olive Garden quality, if that.

Plus it is not real Italian food. Olive Garden quality, if that.

We really liked the Italiant restaurant on the Dawn, the Jewel and when the butler served it to us in our suite on the Star.

Hey, I like OG! lol (plus I work on their advertising account) ;)

We really liked the Italiant restaurant on the Dawn, the Jewel and when the butler served it to us in our suite on the Star.

You are all cracking me up!! We like Olive Garden too...my husband is even Italian:)

Alot of people like it. You won't catch a real Italian eating there though LOL (edited - I mean OG)

Before final payment, I do keep an eye on pricing. When they had a dash sale for onboard credit, I checked, and the price for my room was the same, so I called and sure enough they added the onboard credit to my account. Now, when they had the kids sail free promotion, I checked and the price for the first two people increased by $300 per person! :eek: So, it was not a deal, even with the two children sailing for free. Still was more expensive. I continue to check regularly, as my final payment date has not come and as long as the room rates stay the same (and they have) if there are any deals I will be sure to call. Even when I got an email from the wholesale club I belong to that had a travel deal, the wine, free specialty dining,etc., it wasn't going to save me any money in the end. Guess it all depends on what you value most.

I have two future bookings with NCL; neither is paid in full yet. I called my NCL guy and asked if I could get the special perks added to my bookings, ie bottle of wine, strawberries. He checked the rate that I booked against the current rate. One cruise went up $360 in price and the other went up $250 in price. To get the special perks, I would have to rebook at the higher price. No bottle of wine or plate of chocolate covered strawberries is worth that extra cost.

I always know what I am interested in booking, then wait for a sale I like! We plan 2+ years ahead so it makes it kinda easy TBH for me at least.

That being said, I think there are much better sales than these ones. With a suite booked (no Haven on the Sun) we would get the wine, strawberries, Italian and Steak house for 2 and a $50 spa credit.

Alas, have no want for either of those restaurants (and would have to pay for 2 more covers for my kids), we don't drink wine, and I can't see spending another $100 or so just to use the $50 spa credit. We could use the strawberries, but there are also reports of the butler willing to bring them so....

We booked with a sale that was 1/2 deposit and $250 OBC. We could actually use that OBC to get all of the above, and still come out ahead on the deal, not to mention our suite is now $550 more pp than we paid!

If you have time, it is always good to wait for a sale, but like some said the prices can go up. Actually during one of the sales with the "free upgrades" prices on our sailing went down for some categories.

Then again, we also don't make any major purchase (I consider anything over $100 for one item major so...) without waiting for a sale of some type to get the most out of my money.

Alot of people like it. You won't catch a real Italian eating there though LOL (edited - I mean OG)

I've had people say to me when I tell them I like OG....

and you're Italian?! Hey, it beats jar sauce. lol

We don't have any OG's near us. Two in Manhattan.

Archived