Oasis Main Dinning Menu's?

Hello-

This is my first time posting so hopefully I'm asking in the right section :)

We will be sailing the Oasis on the 28th of March and was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find the main dinning menus? Also what nights on the western Caribbean are the formal nights, and what type of food is planned for those nights?

Thanks!

Hello-

This is my first time posting so hopefully I'm asking in the right section :)

We will be sailing the Oasis on the 28th of March and was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find the main dinning menus? Also what nights on the western Caribbean are the formal nights, and what type of food is planned for those nights?

Thanks!

Menus:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-release/1115/

Order of menus and formal nights:

Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimiento, Basil, Jasmine (Formal), Shiitake, Pomodoro

Menus:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-release/1115/

Order of menus and formal nights:

Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimiento, Basil, Jasmine (Formal), Shiitake, Pomodoro

Bob - the link you posted is a press release from October with the DD concept. Is there another link that explains the Tradtional Dining menus that are now in place instead of DD?

I am assumng that the order of the menus apply to both itineraries? Thanks!

I did some more digging and here is the link to RCCL website that has the menus. I assume it's the same for all the main dinning rooms on RCCL ships and they just change the order?

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

Thank you! I think that s the link I had seen before, but had lost.:)

Bob - the link you posted is a press release from October with the DD concept. Is there another link that explains the Tradtional Dining menus that are now in place instead of DD?

I am assumng that the order of the menus apply to both itineraries? Thanks!

I apologize for providing the wrong link. I see Corn Cruiser has provided the correct link.

We were on Oasis last week and although they probably change the order of the menus each week, here are some notes that I made:

Day 1 was 'Mojo' for us: for starters, the Asian Coconut Seafood Soup was to die for! It was absolutely delicious! I had the slow roasted prime rib even though it was listed as slow roasted steak on our actual dining room menu. Very tasty! Spouse said the ceasar salad was excellent. For dessert, the creme brulee was very good - not perfect but very good. It was more jello-y than creamy but still tasted great.

Day 2 was Saffron but we opted for the Windjammer Marketplace that evening because they had a 'Seafood Extravaganza' which was wonderful - tons of all different kinds of seafood - lots of shrimp, fish fillets, seafood salads, etc. Very good.

Day 3 was Pimiento: I had the Royal Shrimp Cocktail (only 4 medium size shrimp though - not the 6 large prawns hanging off a glass like I'm used to) and the Garlic Tiger Shrimp. The Garlic Tiger Shrimp were out of this world - absolutely delicious! You can tell I'm a seafood lover. The tiramisu for dessert was moist and delicious.

Day 4 was Shiitake: The Shrimp Gyoza and Chicken Ceasar Salad were good. Can't remember what dessert was - I think I just ordered a scoop of ice cream.

Day 5: Basil: for starters, I had the crab cake (yummy!) and spouse had the Arugula and Bosc Pear Salad, then a Manhatten Strip steak and Cherries Jubilee for dessert (with a scoop of vanilla ice cream). Although the link to the menu previously posted shows 'Surf & Turf' for tonight, there was no Surf & Turf on our actual dining room menu.

Day 6: this was the 2nd formal night - Jasmine: you HAVE to try the lobster tail - it was awesome! Juicy and tender with a spoonful of drawn butter - absolutely delicious! I had the Seafood salad for starters and the Grand Mariner Souffle for dessert -(double yummy!).

Day 7: Pomodoro: I had the scallops for starters (small but very good), the Fish, Seafood and Mash (way too much food for me - 2 breaded cod fillets, 2 breaded shrimp and 2 breaded scallops with a huge stack of garlic mashed potatoes with peas and carrots. I wish I hadn't eaten the whole thing but I did. Then I had a piece of the most delicious key lime pie for dessert - I live in south Florida and it was one of the tastiest slices of key lime pie I've ever had. Some key lime pie is way too sweet but this was just tart enough to let you know it was key lime. Really good. Spouse had the apple dome with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

I don't know what order the menus will be week after week but they pretty much follow what's listed. All the food in the MDR was absolutely delicious. We didn't eat in any of the specialty restaurants because frankly, we saw no need to. The food in the MDR was awesome, in our opinion. Of course, so was the food in the Windjammer Marketplace and that's also our opinion.

We were stuffed by the time we disembarked on Saturday. I don't think I'll be able to eat another meal for several days.

Edited by Diver2014

We were on Oasis last week and although they probably change the order of the menus each week, here are some notes that I made:

Day 1 was 'Mojo' for us: for starters, the Asian Coconut Seafood Soup was to die for! It was absolutely delicious! I had the slow roasted prime rib even though it was listed as slow roasted steak on our actual dining room menu. Very tasty! Spouse said the ceasar salad was excellent. For dessert, the creme brulee was very good - not perfect but very good. It was more jello-y than creamy but still tasted great.

Day 2 was Saffron but we opted for the Windjammer Marketplace that evening because they had a 'Seafood Extravaganza' which was wonderful - tons of all different kinds of seafood - lots of shrimp, fish fillets, seafood salads, etc. Very good.

Day 3 was Pimiento: I had the Royal Shrimp Cocktail (only 4 medium size shrimp though - not the 6 large prawns hanging off a glass like I'm used to) and the Garlic Tiger Shrimp. The Garlic Tiger Shrimp were out of this world - absolutely delicious! You can tell I'm a seafood lover. The tiramisu for dessert was moist and delicious.

Day 4 was Shiitake: The Shrimp Gyoza and Chicken Ceasar Salad were good. Can't remember what dessert was - I think I just ordered a scoop of ice cream.

Day 5: Basil: for starters, I had the crab cake (yummy!) and spouse had the Arugula and Bosc Pear Salad, then a Manhatten Strip steak and Cherries Jubilee for dessert (with a scoop of vanilla ice cream). Although the link to the menu previously posted shows 'Surf & Turf' for tonight, there was no Surf & Turf on our actual dining room menu.

Day 6: this was the 2nd formal night - Jasmine: you HAVE to try the lobster tail - it was awesome! Juicy and tender with a spoonful of drawn butter - absolutely delicious! I had the Seafood salad for starters and the Grand Mariner Souffle for dessert -(double yummy!).

Day 7: Pomodoro: I had the scallops for starters (small but very good), the Fish, Seafood and Mash (way too much food for me - 2 breaded cod fillets, 2 breaded shrimp and 2 breaded scallops with a huge stack of garlic mashed potatoes with peas and carrots. I wish I hadn't eaten the whole thing but I did. Then I had a piece of the most delicious key lime pie for dessert - I live in south Florida and it was one of the tastiest slices of key lime pie I've ever had. Some key lime pie is way too sweet but this was just tart enough to let you know it was key lime. Really good. Spouse had the apple dome with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

I don't know what order the menus will be week after week but they pretty much follow what's listed. All the food in the MDR was absolutely delicious. We didn't eat in any of the specialty restaurants because frankly, we saw no need to. The food in the MDR was awesome, in our opinion. Of course, so was the food in the Windjammer Marketplace and that's also our opinion.

We were stuffed by the time we disembarked on Saturday. I don't think I'll be able to eat another meal for several days.

What route were you on? Eastern or western

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

We were on the eastern route last week - Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten (I wish there would have been maybe a stop in Key West instead of 2 days at sea on Thursday and Friday).

Breakfast: most people ate in the Windjammer although the quality of breakfast food was missing something. I did get my fried eggs on an english muffin there but I would have liked 'real' hash browns instead of a potato cake. Also, the bacon was pretty greasy. We ate in the American Icon Grille several times for breakfast because our dinner waitress, Elizabet, encouraged us to and to ask for her section at breakfast. We got the royal treatment from her each time. Breakfast in the MDR was delicious and far superior to the Windjammer. You can also get breakfast at the Park Cafe in Central Park and Johnny Rockets (eggs and omeletes to order) on the Boardwalk.

Lunch: we ate in the Windjammer most of the time - great selection of food, the biggest problem was deciding what to have without stuffing ourselves before dinner. We also had the yummy roast beef sandwiches at the Park Cafe and since we're Johnny Rocket fans, we had burgers and shakes twice but you have to pay $6 cover charge for the burgs and $5 cover for the shakes, although as Gold Crown & Anchor members, we each got a free shake when we bought one.

The food in the American Icon Grille (Deck 3 if you have reserved early or late seating) was absolutely delicious. We had no need to eat at the specialty restaurants all week. We loved the variety in the MDR.

I will admit that the Windjammer Marketplace food on the Oasis was not as good as the food at the Windjammer on the Radiance of the Seas, which we were on a year ago in Australia but I guess it goes down to the cooks and menu. We ate dinner in the Windjammer there every night but one because it was so delicious. The one night we went to the MDR, we found ourselves at a table for 12 with only 1 other couple there. Seems everyone on the ship preferred the Windjammer - LOL!

Edited by Diver2014

• 3 weeks later...