Best way to get to Tobacco Bay

sandinmyshoes

We have a group of 16 who want to snorkel at Tobacco Bay, but we can't see a reasonable way to get there. We will all have the three day bus/ferry passes. I see how we get to St. George's, but do not see any public transportation options for getting out to Tobacco Bay. (We would also like to see Ft. St. Catherine, but can't figure out how to get there either.)

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!!!

It is about a 30 minute walk out to Tobacco Bay from St. George Ferry Dock. It is not a difficult walk and really pretty. Walking to St. Catherine's from Tobacco Bay is about another 15 minutes. There are taxies in St. George who will take you out if you don't want to do the walk and they will give you a ride back. Not sure what it would cost since we have always walked out. Just ask someone from St. George and they will point you in the right direction. I know you walk out past the Unfinished Church and on up over a small hill and you can see the water from there. I don't know the name of the street in St. George but it is right near the Town Center.

You can walk...about 20 minutes uphill to Tobacco Bay, or take taxis (at one time they also had a mini bus that shuttled people from Kings Square in St. George to Tobacco Bay, but I'm not sure that's still available).

Last few times we just took a taxi since the shuttle seemed to be either missing or taking a long time to make the loop.

OP, taxis are per ride not passenger so divided among your party, it ends up being cheaper than the cost of the shuttle. Some drivers will even take you for a flat rate rather than metered. I suspect those are "independents".;):)

• 3 weeks later...

When I was there last September, when you got off the ferry there was an open air trolley waiting there to transport people up to Tobacco bay or St. Kathrine's. I think the fare was $5...unsure if that was one way or round trip. Not one person got on though, everyone walked.