Walk to Spice possible with a stroller?

flcruiser08

The guy emailed me and said to take the boardwalk. Around a 20 minute walk or a 20 dollar taxi ride according to him. Chairs are 5 dollars, full use of facilities even gym and spa. Beach bar and snack bar on site also.

We went to Spice Beach this past week, we were there for about 20 minutes. First off, the place is dirty, the beach is not nice at all. It is very small. We were very early getting off the ship. We went to sit and were told that area was reserved for the cruise ship tour. We said ok and they showed us where we could sit. The reserved area was really the only "ok" area with nicer chairs and some shade. The person who told us to move was polite and helped us move to a new spot. About 15 minutes later another, not so nice person, told us the chairs were were using were reserved. He told us the people who reserved them were paying 35 each and we only paid 5! We gathered our stuff and left for another beach, that was much nicer, however, it was on the other side of the port so we wasted our cab ride to spice beach, plus to go past port to the other side. We talked to a few people later in the day that also went to spice and left due to the condition of the place and the fact they could not find any place to sit. If you still want to go, definitely take a cab, it is 2.50 a person. Just get there early and do not have high expectations!

Sorobon Beach Club. It is not as close as Spice Beach, it is about a 15 minute cab ride, but is much nicer than Spice Beach, if anyone wants more info please just ask. I am not picky and do not need luxury, just a friendly place on the beach with a comfortable place to relax. Trust me, Spice Beach is not it!

Yes, both spice beach and Sorobon have a bar and facilities with food. Sorobon is on the other side of the island. The beach is much more like a beach you would be expecting, you can walk very far out and the water is only waste deep and really beautiful. spice beach is just a big home made sand box! They do not have nearly enough chairs when a cruise ship is in port, actually, Sorobon has a lot more spac, but I would get there early as it also fills up. Spice beach has a cruise excursion and they reserve most of the area for them, so if you really want to go, pay the 35.00 and go with them, just do not expect a beautiful beach or even a nice area around it!

Sorobon Beach Club. It is not as close as Spice Beach, it is about a 15 minute cab ride, but is much nicer than Spice Beach, if anyone wants more info please just ask. I am not picky and do not need luxury, just a friendly place on the beach with a comfortable place to relax. Trust me, Spice Beach is not it!

I would also like more info on Sorobon beach.

Sorobon beach was $5 per person each way. It is a shared van and they are sitting there waiting. Chairs were $5 each for the day. You do not have to rent one if you don't want and there is no charge to enter. They have umbrellas, actually wooden ones, next to most chairs. There is a beach bar and also food. They do not have servers so you have to go to the bar to get your drinks and they have an area behind the bar to get snacks, snack bar type stuff. The beach is pretty nice and the water is beautiful and was very warm last week. You can walk out in the water a couple hundred feet and the water stays waste high so it is really good for kids. There are a lot of people, both experienced and learners, wind surfing so it is fun to watch them. I did not see many people snorkeling so I am not sure if there is much to see, however, that is what makes the beach a little better, not as rocky. It is not a perfect place, but for Bonaire, it is good. They also have a massage hut, but we did not go there. They do not have a pool, but again, the ocean is good for swimming.

Sorobon beach was $5 per person each way. It is a shared van and they are sitting there waiting. Chairs were $5 each for the day. You do not have to rent one if you don't want and there is no charge to enter. They have umbrellas, actually wooden ones, next to most chairs. There is a beach bar and also food. They do not have servers so you have to go to the bar to get your drinks and they have an area behind the bar to get snacks, snack bar type stuff. The beach is pretty nice and the water is beautiful and was very warm last week. You can walk out in the water a couple hundred feet and the water stays waste high so it is really good for kids. There are a lot of people, both experienced and learners, wind surfing so it is fun to watch them. I did not see many people snorkeling so I am not sure if there is much to see, however, that is what makes the beach a little better, not as rocky. It is not a perfect place, but for Bonaire, it is good. They also have a massage hut, but we did not go there. They do not have a pool, but again, the ocean is good for swimming.

Thanks, that sound good for us.

They have vans both waiting at the port and waiting at the beach. They are not on a schedule, we had to wait a few minutes for other people to go. There were 4 of us and 4 other people went with us. It is not a big deal, at the port there is a taxi stand and you just tell them where you want to go and they will walk you to the van. At the beach they are waiting right outside the entrance in the parking lot, very easy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We ended up at Spice Resort on our April 17-May 1st cruise and had a fantastic time there. We spent most of the time snorkeling. Even saw a couple Lionfish. You can even catch a ferry over to Noname beach from there for $15@, but we just snorkeled up and down the coast by Spice resort. Our taxi fare there was $5@ one way which was reasonable. If you'd like to see pictures from there, check out my blog and scan down to our day on Bonaire:

http://travelingwithsue.blogspot.com/search/label/HAL