Melbourne airport shuttle to Station Pier Cruise Terminal

Hi was just wondering if anyone can tell me which shuttles are best for 3 people and 4 bags from Melbourne Domestic terminal to the Cruise Terminal and return. (Not the bus and the tram). We are on the Golden Princess leaving on the 4th December 2016 off to New Zealand. We fly in at 8.30 am and aren't sure that if we use the Princess transfers whether we have to wait too long at the airport or if they can pick us up around 9.00. We can drop off our bags and go for coffee. Also for the return trip we would like to have breakfast first and not rush and leave at about 9.30ish to go to the airport. Just checking out our options. Thanks guys.

Hi was just wondering if anyone can tell me which shuttles are best for 3 people and 4 bags from Melbourne Domestic terminal to the Cruise Terminal and return. (Not the bus and the tram). We are on the Golden Princess leaving on the 4th December 2016 off to New Zealand. We fly in at 8.30 am and aren't sure that if we use the Princess transfers whether we have to wait too long at the airport or if they can pick us up around 9.00. We can drop off our bags and go for coffee. Also for the return trip we would like to have breakfast first and not rush and leave at about 9.30ish to go to the airport. Just checking out our options. Thanks guys.

Options

1. Taxi

2. Sky Bus, Tram from Southern Cross

3. Sky Bus & Taxi from Southern Cross

For the return trip you will be leaving from Auckland so it will depend what time Princess does the run. I have booked departure transfers onboard with no problems usually there is a form in the cabin with details etc and then the cost goes onto your ship account. If this looks a problem there will be taxis. According to the booking details the ship does not arrive in Auckland until 10am.

I think for 3 of you it will be more effective to get a taxi from Melb airport straight to Station Pier though note that the cruise documentation says that taxis can only drive through the gates at Station Pier during boarding hours (which they say begin at midday). You can leave your luggage before this at the drop off facility in front of the security gates.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Thanks. We are on the 13 day cruise Melbourne to Melbourne via New Zealand. Was also wondering what the Princess transfers are like as we normally take taxis, shuttles, trains etc. Do you have to wait longer, can you nominate the last transfer off the ship etc. Cheers. :)

Oh I see, apologies then. I am on the short 4 day one and mistakenly assumed that you were doing the same.

Last time I was on Golden we took the transfer into the city (Southern Cross Station) but there were ones to the airport. I think we could choose a time from a list. I think from memory we decided on 8am. Transfers were on large coaches. I booked the transfer onboard and it worked well. There were taxis available though quite a queue for them. I have taken a taxi to the airport as well from Station Pier and it was fine.

I disembarked in Melbourne from a Golden cruise in February this year. I kept a copy of the disembarkation times schedule. I posted it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49233134&postcount=8

Looking at it, you can see that on our cruise there were 4 disembarkation times available for transfers to the airport. Note that the times listed are the onboard lounge meeting times, not when the coach actually departs the terminal.

Edited by zxc

Be wary of Shuttle Bus. We used one - it was an old articulated Bus - luggage was piled inside in the aisle, would be a disaster in an accident, plus no help offered by staff. Consider using a chauffeured limo, they offer fixed price regardless of road conditions and meet you in the luggage hall. I have just booked one (firstclasshirecars@gmail.com) for a quote