In your opinion - what are the best excursions on the eastern carribean iternary???

Jroseflower

I would love to hear some answers to this one too. I've been trying like crazy to find reviews of the MSC excursions and can't seem to find anything concrete anywhere. I'm starting to wonder if anyone even goes on them! :D

I have been trying to research the same way -- I have been looking through the excursion reviews -- but although they are able to be sorted by port -- I also wish there was a way to sort them by cruiseline or independent.

Best I have found Is to review the cruise reviews and hope to gain some insight from those that also make a comment about their excursions. - But would be far more helpful to have reviews of individual excursions within a cruise line.

Looking for more feedback as well for both Eastern and Western MSC excursions! =) If anyone knows a better place to find this info please let me know.

Thanks!

What I consider the best may not be the same as someone else's "best". But after several cruises, Atlantis is one of my fave Eastern Caribbean excursions. I like to have at least one "natural beauty" excursion where we see something at a port that exemplifies that regions natural beauty. So in San Juan, we are renting a car, going to the rain forest, then hitting a beach near the port if we have time. In St. Maarten, I feel like a lot of the more beautiful beaches aren't family friendly (nudity) so we are going to Sonesta Maho Beach for the day.

Atlantis is super fun and definitely worth the $$ imo. Even if you don't have kids lol.

• 1 month later...
What I consider the best may not be the same as someone else's "best". But after several cruises, Atlantis is one of my fave Eastern Caribbean excursions. I like to have at least one "natural beauty" excursion where we see something at a port that exemplifies that regions natural beauty. So in San Juan, we are renting a car, going to the rain forest, then hitting a beach near the port if we have time. In St. Maarten, I feel like a lot of the more beautiful beaches aren't family friendly (nudity) so we are going to Sonesta Maho Beach for the day.

Atlantis is super fun and definitely worth the $$ imo. Even if you don't have kids lol.

I have a slightly different experience with Atlantis. I thought it was really over rated and not worth the money. I was excited to go and had high expectations, I was previously planning a separate trip to the Bahamas just to stay at Atlantis. The water slides were a big let down. I expected more water slides. 4 of the main slides were closed. The water park is really showing it's age and almost feels a little run down. The lazy river was awesome though expect that finding a tube was a huge hassle.

My favorite excursion was hiring a private fishing charter in St Thomas. That was a great experience and we caught some really cool fish with a great guide. We hooked a tuna but couldn't bring it in. Almost caught a shark as well.