Emerald in the Med this summer... What to expect for menus?

VirtualRain

As some may know, the Emerald is in the Mediterranean this summer and cruises are being marketed as 7, 14, or 21 day segments that all overlap.

We're taking the 21-day segment from Barcelona to Istanbul (now that the price has finally become more reasonable) which can also be purchased as three 7-day itineraries (or overlapping 14-day itineraries).

So I'm wondering if anyone knows what to expect for the MDR menu cycle? Will we likely end up with Princess' standard 7-day menu repeated three times?

Hi

Princess will know that most folks from Europe take 14 day holidays rather than 7

so assuming the folks from the US are not the biggest group onboard I would hope for a 14 day menu cycle

yours Shogun

The reason I looked at the forum today was to get an idea about menus. First time on Princess. We are doing 14 days Athens-Istanbul-Rome. I don't mind if they repeat as long as I'm not cooking :-) Hoping for some American staples too, not necessarily at dinner, since we are not living in the US.

I would expect a repeat of the menus on each segment. This is what has been done in the past.

Also to be expected is that much of the entertainment will repeat each segment. Definitely for the production shows unless the cast knows more than just two shows, likely for some of the guest entertainers.

I would expect a repeat of the menus on each segment. This is what has been done in the past.

Also to be expected is that much of the entertainment will repeat each segment. Definitely for the production shows unless the cast knows more than just two shows, likely for some of the guest entertainers.

I agree. The menus will repeat. There might be different guest entertainers.

I'll be unhappy if they repeat every 7 days, I've paid for a 14 day cruise not 2 x 7 B2B.

They managed 12 days of menus & different entertainment last year & they have a 14 nighter out of Southampton 15/8 I'm sure they won't repeat :confused:

As I said earlier only way to find out if to email Princess direct.

I'll be unhappy if they repeat every 7 days, I've paid for a 14 day cruise not 2 x 7 B2B.

They managed 12 days of menus & different entertainment last year & they have a 14 nighter out of Southampton 15/8 I'm sure they won't repeat :confused:

A longer cruise that can be booked in segments will repeat starting with each segment.

There will always be a welcome aboard dinner the first evening and a landfall dinner the last (even if Princess names them something else these days). And the two formal dinners will also be the same for both segments. And chances are the other three evenings will have the same menu for each segment.

Yes, a longer cruise that cannot be broken into segments will have a different menu each evening.