Who uses Spark People?

ldadar

I've been using sparkpeople for 2 weeks now and have lost 4 lbs! Do you use it along with another diet (WW, adkins etc.) or are you just eating less and staying within the ranges? I am only eating less and making sure I stay within the ranges and it's working out great for me!

Check out sparkpeople.com. It's a great FREE way to log your calories and exercise and they even have 3 teams for people who like to cruise, one just for cruise critic addicts, I mean, users. :)

Thanks for the site info. I just signed up. Had some measuring/ size chart shock when I went out to get a dress for our Dec cruise. I love that there are sparkpoints...something to get you checking in with the site every day. I am very goal oriented and really like to be able to track my progress on there. Here's to everybody meeting their goals!! Woot.

• 2 weeks later...

Sparkpeople update, 13 days in, 5 pounds lighter and 1 1/4 inch smaller. I love this site. I can't believe the owner spends about 2 million dollars of his own money each year to run this free site. Just wanted to give the post a good ole bump.

Sparkpeople replaced cruise critic as the website I can spend all day reading, and I have pounds and inches lost to show for it. LOVE that site, their nutrition and exercise tracker is invaluable, and the articles are great. Good source for recipes too. :)

I was actually updating my exercizes for the day when I remembered to check out and join this site, like 5 minutes ago! How funny. I've lost 14lbs all together for my 9/15/07. Had more to go but oh well!! I look GOOD in my gowns and can't beat a great tankini to cover up those rolls!

My name is NumberOneQT on Sparkpeople if you ever want to look me up!!

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been on Spark People since 2004 and it was still a paid member site. It is an awesome site and I use it regularly. I wish I had stuck to using it more regularly and maybe I wouldn't have so much weight to lose (again).

I am following the South Beach diet while using Spark people. I am in week 1 of the SB diet, so I won't know how well it works for me until weigh-in again Monday.

I use the same log-in name on Spark People as here, so look me up if you want to on that site.

I've been using it for a few weeks (I found it thanks to this thread!) and have lost 9 lbs. For me, the best thing is being able to track the food and calories that I've eaten. I never realized how many calories I ate everyday!

I've also joined the CC group on SP and use my same log-in name.

I've also been using SP for a while. I only have one problem. SP can suck up ALOT of time before you realize it.:eek: I have to limit the number of conversations I'm on or before I know it my house is hip deep in junk, I haven't exercised and the kids are eating eachother for dinner.:o

Tami

I've also been using SP for a while. I only have one problem. SP can suck up ALOT of time before you realize it.:eek: I have to limit the number of conversations I'm on or before I know it my house is hip deep in junk, I haven't exercised and the kids are eating eachother for dinner.:o

Tami

I hear ya, Tami! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I just found sparkpeople.com. It's my new addiction and it's helped me loose 5 pounds so far. Just 12 more to go!!
Started Spark People after reading about it on Rosie's Blog. I am losing slowly, 11 lbs so far, but losing for sure. I love it. Just not sure how I will fare on my cruise. Leaving on Legend of the Seas on 11/18.

• 1 month later...

I've been on SP since March and I've lost almost 20lbs so far. I have quite a way to go until my goal (mostly due to the fact that I've been slacking big time lately). Picking my program back up this week, so hopefully I'll do better this time around.

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone --

I joined Sparks today and am seriously considering joining WW tomorrow. I know it's cliche to make a New Year's resolution regarding weight loss, but thinking about our trip to the Eastern Med this summer and imagining hiking around all those fabulous places in the heat with all this extra weight (not to mention feeling like crap!) was really getting me depressed. Hard to imagine looking forward to a cruise and getting depressed, but that lets you know just how serious it's gotten! So wish me luck -- and thanks for the inspiration.

A.

You will love Sparkpeople. The biggest help for me was/is the Nutrition tracker. Seeing how much I was eating vs what I should be eating. You can do it. I lost 30 pounds before my cruise. Once on the Celebration I exercised in my room doing my Tae Bo and weights lol, so I could have warm melting cake for dessert every night. Lost 1 1/2 pounds on the boat :) Take it one step at a time and celebrate the little goals. I loved going in my closet and playing the " What is too big on me know game " :) Oh and scales sometimes lie ( especially if you are strength training- which is a must - ) so use a tape measure. Good luck, you can do it!

I know WW packaged meals are easy but just be aware they use Hydrogenated oils in a lot of their products. Those oils go straight to fat and increase your risk of heart disease. Ironic that they use it in a diet product....:eek: