Days at sea on TA crossing

We are looking to book Transatlantic Crossing on the celebration April 2015, Im a bit worried that boredom might set in on the six days at sea. We would appreciate any thoughts from fellow cruisers

Thanks

We are looking to book Transatlantic Crossing on the celebration April 2015, Im a bit worried that boredom might set in on the six days at sea. We would appreciate any thoughts from fellow cruisers

Thanks

Hello bobcat and welcome to the forum. :)

We are very much in the camp of wanting port intensive itineraries much preferring to be exploring a variety of destinations. The Transatlantic crossings never really crossed our radar until last year when the Dream had an over night in Havana which was somewhere we very much wanted to return to after going there on Dream's first season in the Caribbean.

So we bit the bullet and booked but with reservations - normally we'd have one sea day per week. In the event we really enjoyed ourselves. There were some extra activities organised like interviews with the Capt and celebrities who were on board and a play which was very good. We found those interesting also a series of lectures by a TV producer who had worked with many famous comedians during his career. We also joined one of the paid courses (chocolate making - excellent: very informative and delicious goodies too!) and went to a wine tasting course too (also payable but fun!) We found the days passed very quickly.

We don't bother much about sitting out on loungers but if so, I think there can be problems of availability associated with that on all Thomson's ships I believe but we did sit out for an hour now and then for a change and when we spotted a free lounger. But if you are interested in going to talks etc there is quite a lot of extra things on offer in addition to the usual daytime entertainment (demonstrations, quizzes, games etc). Dream also had films shown on some days either in the night club venue or the show lounge - Celebration has lost its cinema of course but perhaps they may show films in Liberties as they seem to have a drop down screen in there (possibly even the show lounge - we watched the Royal Wedding in there a few years ago).

I took a lot of books with me as over 22 days and quite a lot of sea days I thought I'd read much more than usual. In fact I read very little and significantly less than a normal two week cruise!

I wouldn't have any reservations about doing a TA again! :)

Last year we did the return journey from Barbados to Teneriffe,we found that the time at sea went very quickly , we just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. There were plenty of things to do if you wanted to, I even managed to get a few answers right in the poolside quiz. We ate leisurely breakfasts and lunches, read a few books and before we new it we were in the canaries. It's the first crossing we have done but I would recommend it to anyone.:)