Summit transfer Seward to Anchorage

nicaphile

Can anyone tell me at what time the Celebrity sponsored transportation is likely to leave Seward? I assume it is by motorcoach?:confused:

Thanks

Celebrity Century Eastern Carribean ?1994

Temptress Costa Rica and Panama Canal 1999

Celebrity Zenith Bermuda 1999

Celebrity Summit Alaska August, 2006

I believe around 8. There is a transfer available on the train that leaves at 6:30. If it is like my Vision trip that supposedly arrives at &, it actually arrived about 2:30 in the night.Departing pax start leaving about 6 based upon their land connections.

I am confused by the reference to a train leaving Seward at 6:30 am. I though all trains were connected to the Alaska Railroad train and I don't see that on their schedule:confused: Can you enlighten me please??

There are two railroad runs on cruise ship days ( fri and sun).The cruise ships have a special train with a special price,which is doubled because your booking through the ship.The cruise contracted train passengers are the 1st to disembark from the ship and are on their way to Anchorage airport around 7am. That train returns to Seward and arrives at 6pm that night to the ship only.

The regular passenger train leaves Anch at 6:45am arrives Seward 11am.Then returns to Anchorage 6pm.

There is also many many buses that leave all morning.Some pick up at the ship(mostly 7-9am) and others picking up at the small boat harbor,after 10am.

You should have already been noted WHAT mode you booked for your transfer??? By far the train is more scenic. But with your booking in 2006, I would strongly suggest you might want to consider seeing some of Seward which is a gem and a shame to miss and just pass through. My top recommendation is a Kenai Fjords boat tour of at least 6 hours on the water. NOWHERE else on your cruise will you have the opportunity for the varied close up wildlife and glacier views. Then consider taking the cheaper regular run of the Alaska RR.

We booked the train thru Celebrity and it was maybe $30 more each but in our case we do want to take the train & the later less costly train wouldn't give us time in Anchorage which we preferred over Seward. We have to be at the airport in Anchorage ,around 10pm the same day we get off the cruise. We also wanted to get off the ship early which we will at approximately 6:30am instead of probably 9am. The bottom line is if you want AM train you pay more, if you have time to spend in Seward and want to do the train you go PM & save.

When you say the train was "$30 more" do you mean more than the regular train or did you pay to upgrade your transfer from coach to train with Celebrity? Because we booked their air, a transfer from Seward to Anchorage is included

We bought rail transfer only after cruise. It was about $30 more than if we bought rail tickets directly, however we wanted AM which only could be bought thru our cruise line.

Hope that clarifies/helps. Take care.

Archived