Sinagpore Haze update/forecasts

ajaxup

Iluvcruisng2 or anybody else in SG--any updates on the smoke/haze situation. We're due there around November 14 and was wondering what the longer term outlook is. Read in my local paper (Dallas,TX) that things may not clear for weeks and there were other countries aiding Indonesia in exstinguishing the fires. Didn't sound very encouraging:(

Edited by ajaxup

Iluvcruisng2 or anybody else in SG--any updates on the smoke/haze situation. We're due there around November 14 and was wondering what the longer term outlook is. Read in my local paper (Dallas,TX) that things may not clear for weeks and there were other countries aiding Indonesia in exstinguishing the fires. Didn't sound very encouraging:(

For the last few days, the PSI readings had been around the moderate to unhealthy range in Singapore. Number of hot spots in Indonesia had dropped since the weekend and with more help from International countries, we are hoping for the best.

• 3 weeks later...
The sky has cleared up after a heavy storm over the Indonesia forests.

Good news for those coming to South of Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia.

You will get rain shower instead.

:)

Rain's definitely better! Speaking of, since I see you live in SG, I see rain in the forecast every day while we're there (11/14-11/18) and notice on websites that this is the rainiest time of year. In general are we talking all day heavy downpours or scattered showers that come and go like in Hawaii? And is the humidity really as oppressive as some say--making the temperature feel much higher than it is?

Thanks

Edited by ajaxup

It won't be raining the whole day. Just morning and evening for an hour or so.

But the humidity will be high so just keep yourself cool in the shopping malls every 30 mins after you walk outside in the afternoon.

If you go to the Garden by the Bay, its cooling inside so there won't be any issue will muggy weather or rain.

Evening is the best time to walk around and also the most people around. I suggest that you go to Singapore River and Marina Bay during the evenings. You can take the bump boat too.

It won't be raining the whole day. Just morning and evening for an hour or so.

But the humidity will be high so just keep yourself cool in the shopping malls every 30 mins after you walk outside in the afternoon.

If you go to the Garden by the Bay, its cooling inside so there won't be any issue will muggy weather or rain.

Evening is the best time to walk around and also the most people around. I suggest that you go to Singapore River and Marina Bay during the evenings. You can take the bump boat too.

Thank you so much for your insight. We're looking forward to our time there.

• 2 weeks later...