Wings on a WDJ?

blacksmithcrm

I for one think the wings would be fine. Probably have some other "wingers" introduce themselves. I have seen Rotary pins, Lions Club badges, and of course the ever present World Club pins. Show your stuff and have a good time.

Jim.

With the jeans carefully re-folded and tucked away in the back of the closet, I have a query about wearing a tiny (1/2 inch wide) pair of pilot wings on my WDJ for the informal nights.

How 'bout it guys? Too much?

Thanks!

You'd be fine with the wings. I think that the problem would be with the WDJ on the informal nights:eek: Was there something they were designed to be worn with? Does that come in dress/undress (is undress the right word?) versions?

With the jeans carefully re-folded and tucked away in the back of the closet, I have a querry about wearing a tiny (1/2 inch wide) pair of pilot wings on my WDJ for the informal nights.

" Military man, eh, Blacksmith? Well done! Your wings should look rather dashing on informal nights. I did a spell with the Gurkha Brigade and the crossed kukris badge is on the old blazer. Pity Cunard didn't employ a few Gurkhas to sort out the people wearing jeans!"

I'm flattered SFT, but my wings are result of a civilian, rather than military, pursuit. I've alway been told that a military honor can be worn on any formal occasion, but I was unsure about any "civilian" endevors. My Father-in-law (a yank flying Lancasters for the RCAF) should and could wear his 408 Goose SQD patch and wings anywhere, IMHO. But those of us with "private" pilot endorsements should be careful not to send the wrong message.

I'm flattered SFT, but my wings are result of a civilian, rather than military, pursuit. I've alway been told that a military honor can be worn on any formal occasion, but I was unsure about any "civilian" endevors. My Father-in-law (a yank flying Lancasters for the RCAF) should and could wear his 408 Goose SQD patch and wings anywhere, IMHO. But those of us with "private" pilot endorsements should be careful not to send the wrong message.

I have my AOPA Wings, my 99's wings and prop and others on a hat with my N number. I doubt it would be welcome in the Britannia, although I hear those in the Queens Grill might be indulged.

Karie, who has many sets of wings, including CAP wings.

"Not to worry, old boy, but I should keep your flying ability quiet in case that nice Mr Bush trains you up to bomb the Taleban"

I'll wear them then, and I'll pray that all of the gallant lads in harm's way in that portion of our planet are NOT counting on me for a sortie or two (must have missed that part of ground school!).

Thanks to all

I've worn an EOD lapel pin on my white dinner jacket, but as the jacket has a shawl collar, I've pinned them on the "hem" of the breast pocket.

With the black tux jacket, same pin has been worn just above the "notch" in the collar, about where a buttonhole would be on a suit jacket or sports coat.

Works for me. And if someone asks what an EOD pin is, I would have to respond "if you need to ask, you are not cleared to know" or perhaps "sorry, that is covered by the 'official state secrets act'".

I've worn an EOD lapel pin on my white dinner jacket,...And if someone asks what an EOD pin is, I would have to respond "if you need to ask, you are not cleared to know" ...

"Quite so Mr Druke, unknown pins and badges can be quite confusing. My hunting colleague Jonquil Carruthers has a blazer-badge with two crossed horsewhips on it. The ladies often ask him if this implies an interest in horse-riding or sado-masochism! His usual answer is 'whichever you prefer Madam', It's a funny old world"

Archived