Premium Balcony on Legend

We are looking again at Alaska, due to the unique 8 day itinerary on the Legend. Even though I am not sure at all that we want to sail this Carnival ship. (Prev. sailed the Ruby Princess when it was fairly new)

I am looking at the Premium Balcony cabins.

There are very few of these.

They are like back-to-back, wall to wall, with the mid-aft elevators. Not like in the hallway, but actually wall-to-wall with these cabins.

Would a regular but extended balcony be better, due to any noise in these Premium Balconys?

Thanks for any insight.

We are looking again at Alaska, due to the unique 8 day itinerary on the Legend. Even though I am not sure at all that we want to sail this Carnival ship. (Prev. sailed the Ruby Princess when it was fairly new)

I am looking at the Premium Balcony cabins.

There are very few of these.

They are like back-to-back, wall to wall, with the mid-aft elevators. Not like in the hallway, but actually wall-to-wall with these cabins.

Would a regular but extended balcony be better, due to any noise in these Premium Balconys?

Thanks for any insight.

We had 6232 on the Miracle, which is across from these cabins. We never had any problems with noise.

Is the Pride a sister ship? I know the Spirt is, but I'm not up on all of the similar classes. We had a 9B, premium balcony, cabin 6279 on the Pride and loved it. No noise from elevators or anything at all. Great, roomy balcony too with 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and the little table. Here is a pic I just posted for someone asking about cribs, but it shows some of the open space in 6279.

10494519_10204945116535787_5421567409752625_n_zpsealsoazf.jpg

We had one of the 4 person 9B on the Legend (7301 I believe w/o looking).

We never heard a single noise at all being in this cabin. I was actually rather upset when we booked the Pride and it was already taken :( But hey I can hope that it opens up right after final payment and I can snag it. To be honest, any Spirit Class we sail again it will be long in planning because well, I really don't want to sail in any room other than a 9B again if I can help it. :D

I like you was worried about the noise, but really there wasn't a single sound we heard the whole time on the ship, and you think there would have been a decent amount since it is right by the aft stairs/elevator for the buffet.

If there is one available book it! You really will not regret it at all. We went on the Western when the Legend was in Tampa, but that balcony held a lounger and 3 other chairs for us. It would be an amazing sight for Alaska!

Is the Pride a sister ship? I know the Spirt is, but I'm not up on all of the similar classes. We had a 9B, premium balcony, cabin 6279 on the Pride and loved it. No noise from elevators or anything at all. Great, roomy balcony too with 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and the little table. Here is a pic I just posted for someone asking about cribs, but it shows some of the open space in 6279.

10494519_10204945116535787_5421567409752625_n_zpsealsoazf.jpg

I just snagged that cabin on our Miracle cruise. Can you post more pics? This is a birthday surprise upgrade for DH. I can't wait!

I just snagged that cabin on our Miracle cruise. Can you post more pics? This is a birthday surprise upgrade for DH. I can't wait!

You'll have to pardon the lived in mess in these pics. We loved that cabin because of the extra space and we needed it with a 10 year old and 2 year old with us!

Here are two of the balcony. To the left were the 2 lounge chairs sideways and to the right were the two regular chairs with still a good bit of space in between everything.

DSC_1591cc_zpsiwnzir53.jpg

DSC_1563finalcc_zpsm97cmy51.jpg

I don't have any pics of the bathroom, but it was nicer than the standard bathroom decor.

Here are a few pics of our very messy room!

DSC_1565finalcc_zps1ygofkdl.jpg

DSC_1631cc_zps2iokjhvx.jpg

DSC_1863cc_zpsyhfrvooj.jpg

DSC_1862cc_zpsj0shnqaq.jpg

Edited by Freckle53

You'll have to pardon the lived in mess in these pics. We loved that cabin because of the extra space and we needed it with a 10 year old and 2 year old with us!

Here are two of the balcony. To the left were the 2 lounge chairs sideways and to the right were the two regular chairs with still a good bit of space in between everything.

DSC_1591cc_zpsiwnzir53.jpg

DSC_1563finalcc_zpsm97cmy51.jpg

I don't have any pics of the bathroom, but it was nicer than the standard bathroom decor.

Here are a few pics of our very messy room!

DSC_1565finalcc_zps1ygofkdl.jpg

DSC_1631cc_zps2iokjhvx.jpg

DSC_1863cc_zpsyhfrvooj.jpg

DSC_1862cc_zpsj0shnqaq.jpg

Thanks for posting! I was so excited when this cabin popped up. We also need the extra room since it will be myself, DH, our 4 yr old DD, and our 1 yr old DD. Your 2 yr old looks so cute in his outfit!

Edited by maritaysa

Thanks for posting! I was so excited when this cabin popped up. We also need the extra room since it will be myself, DH, our 4 yr old DD, and our 1 yr old DD.

Hope you have a great time! As you can see in one of the pics, the youngest slept comfortably in our bed (and we asked the steward to take back the unused crib). A roll of duct tape was handy to tape closed cupboard doors and the mini fridge and held strong enough to keep him out of those places.

The room was so convenient to the Lido buffet (where we ate most of the time). Just around the corner from the elevators, up a little and there you are. We spent lots of time walking with the stroller around the 3rd deck, with the sound of the ocean to lull our youngest to sleep. On the Pride, there weren't any chairs or anything around there so we rarely saw a soul.