Need recommendations for Honolulu hotel

Hello cruise fans. I need some recommendations. I a travelling with my 2kids to Honolulu one day before be board the Noordam i need to find a hotel that is not too far from the port, not insanely priced (no $400/night for us) but I am hoping for safe and close to things and maybe the beach. I know tough list. HALs hotel is full.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am looking at the Hilton Waikiki Beach and the Hyatt Place Waikiki as 2 options. Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA.

Some research on the Hawaii board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

would be the better place. There are many hotels mentioned there.

Given that you have 4 people, I would suggest the Embassy Suites, Waikiki. Breakfast included. Last time I looked, low $300s per night. 1 block from beach, Nice pool. Manager's reception (free drinks)and fun entertainment (entertainment is not every night).

Hawaii is not cheap. Waikiki is the center of the action, beaches etc.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thanks. I was on my ipad this morning and seemed to not be able to find a Hawaii board.

I know it isnt cheap and am expecting to pay a couple of hundred for the night but given that we are then getting on a cruise, want to try to not spend over $350 a night with taxes.

I will take a look.

Hello cruise fans. I need some recommendations. I a travelling with my 2kids to Honolulu one day before be board the Noordam i need to find a hotel that is not too far from the port, not insanely priced (no $400/night for us) but I am hoping for safe and close to things and maybe the beach. I know tough list. HALs hotel is full.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am looking at the Hilton Waikiki Beach and the Hyatt Place Waikiki as 2 options. Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA.

Check out hotels that are perhaps 1 block back from the beach. The Ohana East and Ohana West come to mind. It is not very far from these hotels to the beach. There are lots of shuttles that will take you to the cruise terminal. But don't book it though the front desk. We heard someone getting quoted $25 for the same one we booked ourselves online for $15 each.

• 3 weeks later...