TOM 061 from Barbados

Yes, we were on that flight. Went onto flight tracker via Gatwick app, and printed off the details of departure time from Barbados and arrival at Gatwick. In red at the top of the page it states delayed by 3 hours 55 minutes. Printed details show our scheduled landing time as 7.20am and actual time of arrival as 11.15am, and time on runway as 11.09am.

Don't forget Howard its the time you arrive and that time is when the door is opened, have just received our compensation from our September cruise so can help if you require any info as we have had to jump through lots of hoops.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Hi P.C will keep in touch as regard,s our flight time,s it was arriving in the UK we landed at AM 11-08 i know the clock,s went forward but our paper work state,s 6.oo am The ship forget Dream and Celebration a wonderful well run cruise ship every thing hi tec from booking your ship,s tour,s or eating in the a la carte , all done by using your door key come card on deck 5 atrium ,and your photo,s, food a notch or two up from last year on Celebration alway,s had breakfast in the restaurant on deck four and used island,s for lunch, price for surf and turf £19 95 for seared scollops for starter,s and 6oz fillet steak and half lobster tail plus desert , i do have pictures of your junior suite but i dont know how to download onto the fourum you will be over the moon with the ship like i was PS even the safe,s are free and fridge in your room i do have a price list for the inclusive drink,s if you like to ask

Yes, we were on that flight. Went onto flight tracker via Gatwick app, and printed off the details of departure time from Barbados and arrival at Gatwick. In red at the top of the page it states delayed by 3 hours 55 minutes. Printed details show our scheduled landing time as 7.20am and actual time of arrival as 11.15am, and time on runway as 11.09am.

Well done Cruise Anorak i think you got it spot on thank,s

WOW Howard that sounds great hope your anniversary went well only problem then is that we are on Dream in fours weeks but sometimes you just have to put up with it. Couple of points on your delay if its weather or strikes you can't claim and the time recorded for arrival is wheels on tarmac and this is given by the captain but the actual legal time is when the first door on the aeroplane is open, your times look cut and dry ours was 2hours59mins to touch down so a problem. Now ours is all clear I will post a full report which could be useful. Thanks again for the info pity about the photo.

The captain on the plane did say it was a technical fault.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Forums mobile app

If you do intend to claim for flight delay my recommendations from my experience having made a successfully claim are: Firstly put a claim into Thomson after travel, it was over eight weeks before they replied, they will more than likely turn you down but you require that information to take it further, I went to 'Resolver' initially who continue to escalate up the management tree but nothing came of it and neither ABTA or the CAA will take it on, so I would now go straight to CEDR Aviation who are free and approved by the CAA (CEDR is an independent dispute resolution body that adjudicates disputes between passengers and subscribing airlines) Thomson signed up with them in February last year and they will check your details for suitability of a claim.

The all important time is when the first door on the aeroplane is open the CAA informed me that no one has a record of this time and that the only recorded time is, as they state, wheels on tarmac and this is given by the flight captain, the CAA did check the time for me with the airport but confirmed that the time was not checked and relied on the captain. In our case Thomson stated that our delay time was just one min under the three hours so it was obvious that to land, brake, taxi, park, connect the walkway and open a door would be more than one min, in our case it was twenty eight mins as they had problems with the door.

With your time being a little shorter it may be difficult to prove without other passengers, which you have, providing an agreed door open time.

Overall it was six months before they transferred the claim to our bank which I know now could have been reduced. It is a set amount but with the CEDR you have to claim in sterling and you can also ask for expenses, if you have incurred any as after two hours delay at Barbados you should receive food and one phone call home, and that part is negotiable.

One last point if you do pull out or the case is not in your favour it with cost you £25, which I think is well worth it.

Think I've covered most of it but any questions just ask and good luck;)

If you do intend to claim for flight delay my recommendations from my experience having made a successfully claim are: Firstly put a claim into Thomson after travel, it was over eight weeks before they replied, they will more than likely turn you down but you require that information to take it further, I went to 'Resolver' initially who continue to escalate up the management tree but nothing came of it and neither ABTA or the CAA will take it on, so I would now go straight to CEDR Aviation who are free and approved by the CAA (CEDR is an independent dispute resolution body that adjudicates disputes between passengers and subscribing airlines) Thomson signed up with them in February last year and they will check your details for suitability of a claim.

The all important time is when the first door on the aeroplane is open the CAA informed me that no one has a record of this time and that the only recorded time is, as they state, wheels on tarmac and this is given by the flight captain, the CAA did check the time for me with the airport but confirmed that the time was not checked and relied on the captain. In our case Thomson stated that our delay time was just one min under the three hours so it was obvious that to land, brake, taxi, park, connect the walkway and open a door would be more than one min, in our case it was twenty eight mins as they had problems with the door.

With your time being a little shorter it may be difficult to prove without other passengers, which you have, providing an agreed door open time.

Overall it was six months before they transferred the claim to our bank which I know now could have been reduced. It is a set amount but with the CEDR you have to claim in sterling and you can also ask for expenses, if you have incurred any as after two hours delay at Barbados you should receive food and one phone call home, and that part is negotiable.

One last point if you do pull out or the case is not in your favour it with cost you £25, which I think is well worth it.

Think I've covered most of it but any questions just ask and good luck;)

Thank,s PC sound,s good i will wait to see if cruise anorak put,s anything together thank,s again Howard

• 1 month later...
Don't forget Howard its the time you arrive and that time is when the door is opened, have just received our compensation from our September cruise so can help if you require any info as we have had to jump through lots of hoops.

Hi PC just had email from TUI £506 very happy :halo:

Just checked the regs looks like it should be that much each if it is really well done.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app[/quothPC yes it was to be euro 300 each but rounded of to £ 506 i hope cruise anorak got the same and any one else who put in for compensation. our other flight,s from Barbados have alway,s been there about,s on time, the odd hour i am quite happy with that as we book a spare cabin at the end of the cruise for changing and this year we kept our original cabin so well happy, have you got any more cruises this year, we are going down to Malaga with the family for summer hol,s

We are on Discovery September 9th for a b2b first time in a js😙. Howard I realise you have done well with your claim but for over 3500k and four hours delay you should receive 600 Euros each we received 400 each from Dubrovnik for 3 hrs, but we did have to wait a LONG time. Nice to hear from you😀

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

We are on Discovery September 9th for a b2b first time in a js😙. Howard I realise you have done well with your claim but for over 3500k and four hours delay you should receive 600 Euros each we received 400 each from Dubrovnik for 3 hrs, but we did have to wait a LONG time. Nice to hear from you😀

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

NO, because it was a flight between an EU and a NON EU airport, EU/EU would have been 600 for that time/distance

I stand corrected if that is correct, but just hate to see one of ours not getting the full amount. I read the regs different but I am just a layman i am however really pleased so,ton saint has followed through and got a result. With our case they must have side stepped thousands with passengers giving up. Well done so,ton saint.

Hi So,ton Saint, yes we got our email from Thomson and £506 cheque on it's way. Came on here to let you know and saw that you have had an email too. We are more than happy with the out come, didn't think they would agree straight away, thought it would take longer.

Hi So,ton Saint, yes we got our email from Thomson and £506 cheque on it's way. Came on here to let you know and saw that you have had an email too. We are more than happy with the out come, didn't think they would agree straight away, thought it would take longer.

Hi cruise anorak, yes happy days should i up grade to junior suit or by some new player,s for saint,s fc :halo: