Maitre d carnival pride

NJEMT29

If I'm remembering correctly Ken is scheduled for vacation in May sometime. Someone sailing on the Pride can ask, it may be one of his assistance.

Just curious is Ken back on the Pride; I thought he was on the Vista. Loved him when we sailed the Pride in Jan 16.

Just curious is Ken back on the Pride; I thought he was on the Vista. Loved him when we sailed the Pride in Jan 16.

We have had Ken on a few of our Pride cruises and we like Ken too. He told us he will be with the Pride, except when on vacation, until he transfers to the Horizon to over see the training and the first few months of the Horizon's sailings, similar to the Vista transition.

What exactly does the maitre d do anyway besides stand in the dining room looking constipated?

They are responsible not only for service in the MDR, but also the buffets.

In the MDR, they are also responsible for table assignments, managing the wait staff, dealing with special requests, etc. We have had several that come by our table each night to see if everything is good. Some also are responsible for the entertainment and some sing. Can't hardly do those things with the condition you referred to.

They are responsible not only for service in the MDR, but also the buffets.

In the MDR, they are also responsible for table assignments, managing the wait staff, dealing with special requests, etc. We have had several that come by our table each night to see if everything is good. Some also are responsible for the entertainment and some sing. Can't hardly do those things with the condition you referred to.

They also yell at children.

I hope he will be on the Journey's cruise next November 4, 2018

I think he went to the Vista in November or December and the Horizon is on a similar build schedule.

• 2 weeks later...
What exactly does the maitre d do anyway besides stand in the dining room looking constipated?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hahaha usually true but Ken is the singing maitre'd and belts out a Sinatra song every night in the MDR. Great voice and he is very personable

• 4 weeks later...