Vista doing 6 and 8 night cruises from Galveston

DebJ14

My TA just sent me a notice that our Jan 20, 2019 cruise on the Vista will be an 8 day cruise, not a 7 day.

They have changed the itinerary and added Progreso and Costa Maya to the Belize, Roatan and Cozumel itinerary.

And the best part is the extra day will be at no charge!

If passengers cannot do a 8 night, they will have price protection on another cruise in "similar accommodations + a $50.00 OBC. Or they can cancel for a full refund.

New Itinerary: Vista Jan 19, 2019

Saturday - depart Galveston at 4pm

Sunday - Fun Day at Sea

Monday - Progreso 7am-3pm

Tuesday - Costa Maya Noon-8pm

Wednesday - Roatan 8am -5pm

Thursday - Belize 8am-5pm

Friday - Cozumel 8am - 5pm

Saturday - Fun Day at Sea

Sunday - Arrive Galveston 8am

According to the website there are still some 7 day cruises, but they have pulled the Jan 13 and Jan 20 sailings from the list of sailings. I guess the Jan 13 sailing will be cut to 6 days while the Jan 20 sailing is now leaving on the 19th, but still returning the 27th. They still list the Jan 27 and Feb 3 sailings as 7 day cruises.

Glad to see more options out of Galveston, and really glad we happened to pick the Jan 20 sailing so we get the 8 day for the price of the 7 day.

It must have just happened this morning because last night our son expressed an interest in going so we were looking at prices and available accommodations for him.

The good news is that it is way too early for anyone to have booked airfare. I do feel sorry for those booked on the 13th who are getting their cruise cut short.

The notice says they will have new confirmations out by the end of business on Monday June 19, 2017.

The new cruises aren't posted to the website yet. I'm curious to see how many 6/8 day cruises they are adding. Hopefully its not just a one off and they are actually adding some variety to the sailings out of Galveston.

I kind of hope they change the Feb 3 sailing - we just booked this the other night and I would love an 8 day instead of 7

Feb 3 sailing is still showing as a 7 night cruise.

I just received a revised itinerary from my TA. They are NOT going to stop at Progreso. This is great news because we will have a full day at Costa Maya. Looking forward to going back to Alma Plena Eco Resort!

New Itinerary: Vista Jan 19, 2019 2nd revision

Saturday - depart Galveston at 4pm Same

Sunday - Fun Day at Sea Same

Monday - Progreso 7am-3pm Fun Day at Sea

Tuesday - Costa Maya Noon-8pm Costa Maya 8am - 5pm YIPEE!

Wednesday - Roatan 8am -5pm Same

Thursday - Belize 8am-5pm Same

Friday - Cozumel 8am - 5pm Same

Saturday - Fun Day at Sea Same

Sunday - Arrive Galveston 8am Same

The new cruises aren't posted to the website yet. I'm curious to see how many 6/8 day cruises they are adding. Hopefully its not just a one off and they are actually adding some variety to the sailings out of Galveston.

I really hope it is a not a one off too! We flew to Florida to take 8 night cruises on the Freedom and Breeze in 2013 and 2014 respectively. It would be nice to have lots of 8 night cruises from Galveston to choose from!

OMG! Wonderful news. Giving my PVP a call in am. Nothing is showing on the website. Was hoping for 10-12 day cruises to the southern Caribbean. Maybe, someday!

We can hope! They really need to do that.. And maybe add a partial transit Panama Canal. Oh My Goodness, wouldn't those options be wonderful? I have no idea why they don't. Galveston is their second largest port area. When Princess and NCL were out of the Houston Port, there were 8 ships that serviced this area, and they were filled. Many of us have done the same sets of itineraries multiple times. We would love something new! In fact, my entire family is flying to San Juan for the Southern Route this weekend. at $500-$600 airfare per person for 5, that would have been a lot more money to spend on Carnival, since Galveston is a very short drive (30 minutes) for us.