Everything Glory

SAJordan

My 18yr old daughter and I will be on the Glory in September to celebrate her graduation. We are looking forward to some girl time and tropical fun! This is our third cruise with Carnival but the first on one of the bigger ships, we have been on the Fantasy twice, and our first time flying to a port. Tell me what you know about the Glory and traveling via air to cruise! Only 89 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Glory last week, and I've done a 21 day B2B Journeys cruise last winter on her. The ship has the same layout and design with only minor or decor changes from the Conquest, Valor, Freedom and Liberty.

I always fly in the morning of the cruise from NY to MIA is a direct non stop, almost like a shuttle. I arrived in MIA just after 9AM, did the priority check-in at the airport, and taxied to the seaport. Probably boarded around 11:30 or so.

The Captain is a very nice young man - we had a great conversation about our grandmothers from Italy. Try the seaday brunch or basic breakfast in the MDR, so much nicer than the buffet. Do the spa together, and book a meal in the Steakhouse - great memories to be made. Enjoy!

I will be on the Glory once again in early September. I find her to be such an easy ship to navigate. She is not super small, not enormous.I always fly in the day before departure as to insure no issues with cancelled flights, etc. I stay at the YVE hotel pre-cruise which is directly across from the bayside market place which has things to do during the day and night before we leave. Little bit of shopping, musical entertainment and eateries. Looks like you are shipping out the week after I am. No doubt, we will all have a blast!